Topic

REI Dividend Coming

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) REI Dividend Coming

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • Author
    BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

What I bought with my REI dividend:

pickup

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

You'll tire of it soon enough and then I will pick it up at the Used Gear Sale for $50!

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast

What do you call that? Ferr-orche-amino?

Tyler Miller
    BPL Member

@fightingthetide

Locale: Southeast

I got about $50 back. Hoping to combine that with a coupon and some other merch credit for a new pack…most likely a Flash 45.

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"You'll tire of it soon enough and then I will pick it up at the Used Gear Sale for $50!"

And I'll even throw in the custom cuben bed cover!

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

Do you have a supplier for the res q link that you bought? I can't seem to find it below $280. I also plan on using my 20% off on it as well.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Locale: Way up North

I got mine from anchoronline 2 weeks ago.

Dustin Short
    BPL Member

@upalachango

A whopping $2.92! I spent a lot of time at garage sales though (I have about $1000 worth of premium italian climbing/mountaineering shoes I bought for pennies on the dollar not to mention headlamps for a lifetime).

No dividend could have matched my bargain shopping this year. My gf on the other hand has the REI CC, so we'll see how much she was able to rack up.

Chris Ramias

@lizard

I'm receiving $96 and change. I didn't actually buy much from REI this year, maybe a book or two. The majority of the dividend is from the REI CC. I make small purchases and pay it off every month. If you don't have the REI credit card its well worth getting, they'll give you a $100 gift card after your first purchase, which could be a $1 energy bar. Even if you never use the card after opening the account, its worth it for the free $100.

I'm going to get a climbing harness, ATC and some other climbing stuff. I've been meaning for many years to get started with tech canyoneering, and this year is the year I finally take the plunge.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Is there any other charges on the REI visa of all monies are payed on time.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

No, pay everything on time, and you won't be charged any interest or fees.

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Cool.

Anonymous
    Inactive

$2.59 here. Not too surprising – I can't remember the last time I visited REI and actually purchased anything. My current pattern is to stop in, remember that I never find anything, then go hit backcountry.com instead.

J R
    BPL Member

@jringeorgia

> I found It better value to buy my a Q Link from an east coast outfit on sale as then did not have o pay any sales tax,.

> Do you have a supplier for the res q link that you bought? I can't seem to find it below $280. I also plan on using my 20% off on it as well.

Andrew I had the same thought. "An east coast outfit" doesn't narrow things down a whole lot. Please Stephen, inquiring minds want to know. Discount PLB sounds mightee nice.

Also BTW Andrew, PLBs and a few other categories usually are not eligible for the 20% discount. I'm out of town right now so haven't seen my coupon yet, but I'm betting same exceptions still apply. You certainly can use the dividend though…

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

JR,

I posted this morning where I bought it.

"I got mine from anchoronline 2 weeks ago"

Stephen M
    BPL Member

@stephen-m

Oh forgot to say Acr have an offer for free gear when you buy a beacon.

http://www.acrartex.com/landing/2013springpromo/

$210 Worth of Safety Gear including:
    57-Piece First Aid Kit

Firefly3 Strobe Light

Hot Shot Signal Mirror

1 Year Subscription to 406Link.com PLUS

Ultra-bright LED HeadLamp

Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Awwww, my cheapass only got $3.72 this year :(
    I guess that's the price I pay for having a "never pay full retail" mentality. What should I redeem it on? a pack strap? a cliff bar? a shoelace? The possibilities are endless.

Ken Bennett
    Spectator

@ken_bennett

Locale: southeastern usa

We put all household expenses except groceries on the REI Visa card, pay it off every month, and get a nice dividend the following year. No charges if it's paid off each month. Heck, my daughter's college took the Visa card with no surcharge. I felt kinda bad doing it, but that was about $12K per year on the card for 4 years.

Not sure what we'll do with the ~$425 this year. Might wait until July, get cash, and spend it on some cool new lightweight gear…

Viewing 18 posts - 51 through 68 (of 68 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools