Topic

RAB eVENT pants

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals RAB eVENT pants

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Rab's Bergen Pant made with eVENT and featuring 3/4 length side zips (340g/12.5 oz manufacturer's weight) is on sale at a number of online retailers in the UK. (Try Tower Ridge, for example).
    Their lightest eVENT jacket, the Drillium, was on promo sale earlier this year, and could be had for about US$200 delivered. UK Sellers will normally deduct 17.5% VAT from the price for shipments outside the EU. A pair of Bergen pants delivered to Taiwan cost me something like US$170–quite a bit less than the Integral Design eVENT Rain Pants and other similar offerings from Montane.
    I have not yet seen the Bergen pant, but RAB's clothing is always well designed. The Drillium jacket that I got this winter fits very well. I cannot compare it to the recently reviewed Montane Quick Fire, but saving over $130 made the choice a no-brainer. I'd think the same would go for the Bergen pant.

Jon Solomon
    BPL Member

@areality

Locale: Lyon/Taipei

Received the Bergen pant in the mail. Very nice articulated design in the softer (compared to 30D) 40D version of eVENT 3-ply. 3/4 length waterresist zips are more like 2/3 length IMHO, but have dual sliders (one with easy pull tab) and a press stud that allow for ventilation. Cuff bungee. No internal gaiter. Elasticized waist with bungee. Weight is 305g in a Men's Medium. A very very nice hard shell pant!
    Weight for the Drillium jacket BTW is 350g.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools