Topic

Help Me Find Teeny Tiny Buckles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Help Me Find Teeny Tiny Buckles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I am looking for seven teeny tiny side release buckles — like this:

a

Can someone provide me a link to buy — or does someone have a few extras lying around unused that they'd like to sell? Thanks.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Here is one place if someone doesn't have one to give you.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Anna:

Thanks for the link. My buckle is 0.375" – but the smallest I see at your link is 0.5". Hopefully, I'll be able to find the smaller one, but 0.5" is a good standby (in contrast, the smallest REI carries is 0.75").

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Found the small size here. Mission accomplished.

Steven Paris
    BPL Member

@saparisor

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Ben,

Those detachable straps/buckles are usually found on small digital cameras or electronics. Here's a link on Amazon for a set of ten for $8.99 (includes the straps):

http://www.amazon.com/FlashDrive-Player-Lanyards-Detachable-Lanyard/dp/B005FCBH7S/ref=sr_1_73?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1363469571&sr=1-73&keywords=wrist+strap+lanyard

For reference, I found that set by searching for "wrist strap lanyard".

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Hi Steve:

Indeed — and your link showed exactly what I had in mind. But I am happy enough with the regular side buckles — they are the same small size (3/8" or 0.375"). But thanks, just the same. Aren't forums and internet shopping wonderful? How did we do it in the 70s and 80s? :)

Sam Farrington
    BPL Member

@scfhome

Locale: Chocorua NH, USA

Have been looking for smaller connectors also, possibly for cord; but the "safety breakaway connector" gives pause. Great if around your neck, not so great if guying out a tent canopy. The detachable line-locs look about the best so far, but kind of bulky.

Buck Stolberg
    BPL Member

@bstolberg

Locale: Harlem

This store has the largest assortment of plastic buckles I've seen.

http://myebestbuy.com/index.aspx

Just placed an order. Shipping was $3.45 (on $20 order) via international air mail, so I'm guessing it is based overseas. I've ordered similar small parts before on eBay and everything arrived in good condition.

Daryl and Daryl
    BPL Member

@lyrad1

Locale: Pacific Northwest, USA, Earth

Buck,

Nice find. I added it to my favs.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools