Topic

A first for everything

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Against theGrain
    BPL Member

@againstthegrain

Locale: Selkirks

Hey everyone, this is my first post on BPL although, I have been lurking and reading quite extensively. I plan on completing my first thru hike this summer on the Long Trail. Early June will be my starting time. I'm aware I will be bombarded by bugs but this is the only time I can fit this journey in my schedule.
    This will be my first solo overnight, thru hike and ultralight expedition. I am no stranger to the outdoors, I am a well-rounded whitewater paddler, rock climber, backcountry skier and mountain biker.
    I just felt I should introduce myself as I plan on using this forum as a primary resource in planning of my future trips.
    By the way my name is Jaime and I live in Revelstoke, BC…for now, I kind of drift all over the place with each changing season.

Cheers!

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

Be VERY careful on this site. It tends to lead to sarcasm, empty wallets, a closet full of quilts and tarps, and a fondness for alcohol stoves and chaff.

Nice to meet you!

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Welcome! Don't listen to Jennifer. She's from Chicago. But then again, I'm a Cheesehead, so what do I know? Want to buy a sleeping bag? Got one for sale. You should check out the Men's Fairy Tale thread in Chaff.

Oh, and either stay away from or make friends with "Sarcasm Fountain" and "Chaff Lover." At least those are their names at the current moment…

spelt with a t
    BPL Member

@spelt

Locale: Rangeley, ME

Hi Jaime. Nice to see you here.

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

" I'm aware I will be bombarded by bugs"

as long as you know. :) And probably mud since this has been a more snowy year than last year.

my LT journal and gear list if you're interested.
    http://jakedatc.wordpress.com/
    http://smg.beta.photobucket.com/user/Socjake/library/Long%20Trail%202012

David Ure

@familyguy

"Oh, and either stay away from or make friends with "Sarcasm Fountain" and "Chaff Lover." At least those are their names at the current moment…"

The truth is that they are the same person, depending on the moon cycle….da da daaaaaaaa!

Please tell me you are Canadian. Not enough of us on the board.

Against theGrain
    BPL Member

@againstthegrain

Locale: Selkirks

Thanks all for the warm welcome. Of course I am Canadian. no I don't need to buy a sleeping bag. Sarcasm on the internet?! That's news to me. Thanks again though, I am sure I will be posting again soon enough with questions on my gear list and plans

Cheers!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools