Topic

source for Ti foil/sheet?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear source for Ti foil/sheet?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

I'm looking to make a windscreen and a DIY caldera cone. I've already got some practice with aluminum flashing but I'm looking to switch to Ti for durability and shape retention.

Tigoat has been out of stock for a while now and I'm not coming up with much on ebay.

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I'm surprised that you didn't find anything on ebay. I usually see a lot of Ti foil on ebay. You could try Suluk46. I don't have time to check right now if they are still offering it.

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

seekoutside has some

Eric Lundquist
    BPL Member

@cobberman

Locale: Northern Colorado

What thickness are you looking for?

I found several, ebay titanium foil.

James Klein
    BPL Member

@jnklein21

Locale: Southeast

Kevin your site only lists 2 dimensions for the foil: thickness X height(assuming)…is this priced by the foot?

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

@Colin (covering eBay part below) I'll give Suluk46 another look. I remember seeing them offering pre-sized windscreens but not materials or cones.
    ***doesn't look like they sell sheets/foil anymore. I'll shoot them an email later though.

@Eric

This is the only one that might work for me. Everything else seems too thick or not wide enough (almost everything is under 4")
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/15-3-3-3-Titanium-Foil-Sheet-005-x-6-0-x-72-0-37-/151011037070?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2328f58f8e
    For the caldera cone shape, you need extra width to fit (I'll likely need somethign like 12×18") the cone pattern.

@Kevin
    , thanks for the site. I'll check it out when I have some time (got back from lunch and just wanted to check this quick before catching back up on work)

Kevin @ Seek Outside
    BPL Member

@ktimm

Locale: Colorado (SeekOutside)

By the foot, however we have several types around just shoot me an email what you are looking for

Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Thanks Kevin, I'll try to figure how what size I need tonight and get back to you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools