Topic

I need Sizing Help for the Mont-bell Tachyon Jacket & EX LIGHT DOWN JACKET

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) I need Sizing Help for the Mont-bell Tachyon Jacket & EX LIGHT DOWN JACKET

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tom Deal

@tomsbackwoods

Locale: Northern Idaho

Hello everybody!
    To everybody that might have this combo.I need a little help with sizing as it applies to layering.
    I usually wear a size large. If I order a size large Tachyon will it fit over a size large ex light Down Jacket? Or is my thinking backwards should the Down Jacket fit over the Tachyon?
    At any rate I want it to be apart of a layering system and nobody in my area sells these items to try first hand.This will be my first experience with a down shirt and wind shirt combo I would appreciate any info and helpful advice! Thanks

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

The large Tachyon should fit over a large XLite no problem.

Tom Deal

@tomsbackwoods

Thank you!

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

I usually buy one size larger than my chest size to make sure a wind shirt fits over any insulation piece. Let us know if only a size large (your chest size) does fit over the large insulated jacket. I realize the xlite is pretty thin.

Nathan Watts
    BPL Member

@7sport

Not the same jacket (same brand though) but I use a Large UL Wind Shirt over a Medium Ex Light. I think a medium might compress the down and restrict movement.

Tom Deal

@tomsbackwoods

Ok! I will let you know!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools