Topic

Original Cat Can Fancee Feest Stove

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Original Cat Can Fancee Feest Stove

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • Author
    Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Locale: www.bplite.com

The Fancee Feest alcohol stoves are now on sale.

•Weighs 24 grams, 2-1/2 inches in diameter, 2-1/4 inches tall
    •Fuel capacity is 2.5 ounces
    •Boils 2 cups of water in 6 min using 1/2 ounce denatured alcohol

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/fancee-feest.php

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Hi Dan

Gear Deals – what's the special deal for BPL members?
    Remember, this is not an advertising channel; it is for deals.

Cheers

Bob Gross
    BPL Member

@b-g-2-2

Locale: Silicon Valley

Buy a few of those, and Dan will throw in the cat!

–B.G.–

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Roger, free shipping in CONUS.

All BPL customers include a note saying "Roger Sent Me" and I'll reimburse shipping charges via paypal.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Dan,
    I sent you a PM

Dan Yeruski
    BPL Member

@zelph

Anna, went into the mail yesterday.

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

Thanks Dan,I appreciate it and your wonderful stoves!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Fancee Feest stoves are still available with free shipping for BPL members, just include the special words included in the above info.

Got this email today:

Hey Zelph Stoves,
    <div>I just ordered a fancee feast after hearing about it from a friend/co worker. I am leaving <span class=”aBn” tabindex=”0″ data-term=”goog_1492776084″><span class=”aQJ”>on Friday</span></span> for a one month river and adventure to Tasmania and wanted to bring it with me. My friend raved about it and I am hoping you can get it sent to me asap. I am having it sent to my mother’s house as I will be staying the night with her before I fly out. Please give a call if you get this. I would love to bring it along and then tell all my friends about it. I work as a professional guide on rivers, mountain expeditions, and as a sailing captain.</div>

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

YouTube video

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

A nice review of the FF:

YouTube video

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

Dan, I need to try out that stove. I tried to send you a message when I placed the order, but it looks like I would need to have a Facebook account to do that. I don’t do that sort of media stuff, I don’t text when I drive (or ever, actually), I always use my turn signal, and I’m kind to most animals. By the way, Roger Sent Me!

Happy 2018 down in MS.

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

Locale: East Anglia

Gary, you have p.m.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Gary, the Fancee Feest is has been a well kept secret from this website. As you know, most of the readers are canister users of the most ardent type. I have not talked about it much in the past in order not to offend anyone. ;-) The Fancee Feest, in emergencies, I repeat, EMERGENCIES,  can be used with most fuels. The only thing that needs to be modified on the stove to use most fuels is to reduce the height of the pot support.  I have videos on my website that shows unconventional fuels being used to include kerosene and the lowly rubbing alcohol LOL.

The Fancee Feest stove came into being in the DIY form on Whiteblaze.net many, many years ago when you were just a beginner in DIY stoves.

I’ll be sure to give you free shipping on your order….Thank you for your purchase. It will be shipped tomorrow.

I will sell one to Stormin, but he has to pay International shipping. :-(

Don’t be fooled by folks using carbon felt as the wicking material…it is the worst of the worstest material to use for a wick

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

I will politely refuse your offer Dan, too big and bulky for me. I agree that carbon felt does not make a good wick, however it makes a good sponge and absorbs alcohol likewise. This enables distribution to good wicking material, as used in my stoves.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Ok big and bulky ;-)

These Starlyte Burners are more your size:

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/starlyte-burner-with-lid.php

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/modified-starlyte-burner-with-lid.php

or maybe this one with the no spill feature, Starlyte XL3

http://www.woodgaz-stove.com/starlyte-xl3.php

The surface of the carbon felt is going to become fused. The fibres will eventually become deformed to a point that fuel will not easily flow through or let vapors out. I’ve experimented with it to the maximum. Minibull design sells replacement carbon fiber wicks for his stove for that reason…they deteriorate. I would never sell a stove made with carbon fibre. The loose fibers scare me, reminds me of asbestos in the fact that it can get into your lungs and not dissolve, just stays there and may cause an infection. The fibres also conduct electricity, can get into your smart phone cable ports and cause it to short out. Be careful working with carbon felt, nasty stuff. The felt was designed to resist momentary high heat as in solder and sparks from welder torches, not direct flames as occurs when fuel runs low and the edges of the flame circle attack the felt fibers. I know all about alcohol stoves and materials used in them.

The Starlyte and the XL3 to show size comparison:

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

Dan,my stoves work for me and my customers, you’re trying to tell your mother how to suck eggs. What doesn’t work for you maybe works for someone else. Look at these applications for Carbon Felt from Cera Materials. Note what it says near the end.
    <h3>Applications</h3>
    Soft Carbon and Graphite Felts are used as insulation in vacuum and protective atmosphere (non-oxidizing) furnaces and process equipment used in the heat treating, semi-conductor, ceramic, aerospace, defense, bio-medical appliance, and sintered metals industries. These felts are also used as a cathode in flow battery applications and as a reaction surface for many other electro-chemical processes. Common consumer and industrial consumable uses are as welding blankets, plumber pads, glass blowing pads, wicks in ultralight stoves, and automotive exhaust lining.

Clifford Deakyne
    BPL Member

@cliffdeakyne

Locale: Colorado Rockies foot hills

A bit off subject, but you may be talking apple and oranges on the carbon felt.  Some of the carbon felt is pre-oxidized PAN fiber which is a precursor to carbon fiber.  Likely that is being used in most of the stoves. Felt can also be made with fully carbonized carbon fiber, but carbon fiber is likely to break into tiny pieces in the felting process although it is possible to carbonize after the felting process, but there would be fusing of the precursor making it less felt like.  By the way there are three basic families of carbon fiber, pitch based which is more easily made graphic (high modulus) but brittle, PAN based which is most common moderate modulus and stronger, and finally rayon based which is the most expensive and least affected by exposure to heat and is used in heat shields.

I once worked on a process that made pitch based carbon mats (not felted). It would have made a fantastic wick, since it was fully graphitized it would also conduct heat down from the flame vaporizing the fuel as it wicked and not been affected by the heat.  The difference between carbon fiber and carbon fiber precursor!

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Clifford, thanks for your input. As Stormin said, it’s not a good wick material. It acts as a sponge. My findings have been a small amount of fuel remains in the stoves and will evaporate inside your pot if the stove is stored inside of it. the fuel will then condense on the walls of the pot and on the items stored in the pot. If that works for Stormin and his customers…so be it

The Fancee Feest is a quality stove and will be shipped FREE if you say Roger Sent You when making your purchase.

Even if you are a canister user, you can never have too many stoves

Gary Dunckel
    BPL Member

@zia-grill-guy

Locale: Boulder

“Even if you are a canister user, you can never have too many stoves.”

You are SO right about that, Dan. I’m sure that Hikin’ Jim will agree with that. I know that I do. But then he and I are stove geeks (as are you), so what do we know? But I think it’s far better than being cruel to animals for a hobby, or molesting children, or sexual harassment at the workplace, and all the other stuff that we see on the nightly news.

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

As you see Dan, my stoves can’t contaminate the pot with fuel. Contained in a airtight,leakproof box.

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

No spill.

DAN-Y/FANCEE FEEST
    Spectator

@zelph2

Stormin, it’s ok if you want to sell your stoves in my thread, just offer the viewers a “deal”

One of your photos shows you were using household type of insulation as the absorbing material. Are you now using carbon felt? You blokes across the pond make stoves that look like mine. You have learned from the best. That’s why you are here at BPL 

The Fancee Feest is made in the good ole USA.

Stormin
    Spectator

@stormin-stove-systems

The deal is, these stoves are on a par with yours only cost much less.😄No extra postage to the good ole U S.

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Inspired designed

by others.

Viewing 25 posts - 1 through 25 (of 54 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools