Topic

Fuel Stove : Same nozzle for White Gas & Canister?!

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Multiple Use Gear Fuel Stove : Same nozzle for White Gas & Canister?!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Francis Fontaine

@zefish

Hi there!! First post! :)

I just receive my brand new OmniLite Ti as my first fuel stove and I tested (out of curiosity) the different nozzle.

I tried (but not monitored the boiling time… maybe will do…) the medium size nozzle (the one for the white gas) with a canister and it seemed to work fine…

I guess the stove will be less efficient but will it harm the stove? Is there any rule like you can use the white gas nozzle with a canister but not the other way around?

I even found on the net (looking for the link) a guy who bought the omnifuel maintenance kit for is omnilite cause the nozzle are bigger.

As anyone monitored all the nozzles with different gas to see the difference in efficiency?

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

I always use the same nozzle on my OmniFuel, but if I was taking it for a longer winter trip I would swap to the proper nozzle.

Francis Fontaine

@zefish

…and I assume you use the medium size nozzle?

Roger Caffin
    BPL Member

@rcaffin

Locale: Wollemi & Kosciusko NPs, Europe

Usually the jet size for butane/propane is larger than for white gas, and kero jet sizes are even smaller. It's all to do with how much oxygen you need for complete combustion.

Yes, kero needs a LOT more oxygen than butane/propane, which is why many liquid fuel stoves have a smaller power rating than the little upright canister stoves.

Cheers

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools