Topic

LT-4 Poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) LT-4 Poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Nate Boyer
    BPL Member

@nateb123

Is anybody else anxiousally awaiting GG to get these things back in stock?

They were due for mid Feb, but they're still waiting on a part. It's looking like end of March now.

Any suggestions for something similar? Anybody have used LT4's for sale?

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

I've used both Titanium Goat poles and GG LT4's. They are similar in weight and all. I think most people prefer the contoured "cork like" grips on the LT4 — but I prefer the simpler grips on TG — and I also prefer the feel of the grip material. +1 for TG.

But I sometimes had trouble locking the TG poles — although I was always able to do so after a few tries. Nevertheless, a +1 for LT4.

D S
    BPL Member

@onthecouchagain

Locale: Sunny SoCal

Tried both, each on long trips in the Sierra (JMT thru hikes). Both performed very well but I find myself leaning towards the TG (now Ruta Locura) poles as I like the locking system better, a bit more compact and I find the straight grip a bit more to my liking. Either way, you've got a winner.

Sadly, at the moment, both companies are out of each of these poles…hopefully in stock before we get nearer to spring/summer.

Couch

Mark Fowler
    BPL Member

@kramrelwof

Locale: Namadgi

+ 1 on the Ruta Locura poles but from all I read the LTs are equally good. Ruta Locura now have a 3 piece pole which packs to 54cm rather than 69cm for the 2 piece (measured). The 3 piece fits nicely inside a pack for airlines etc.

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Speaking of which (hope this is relevant), are any of you guys who are using (or have used) the TiGoat/Ruta Locura poles using the optional straps? If so, are they connected to the pole in a manner that one can put a reasonable amount of force on them without them coming off the poles?

D S
    BPL Member

@onthecouchagain

Locale: Sunny SoCal

Yes, I have mine with the optional/removeable wrist straps. Clever design soooo easy to install or uninstall– I also ordered the optional camera mount (which I just remove one strap, stick the mount in, jam the pole in the dirt or prop it up and use the timer on my camera for some really nice results).

Wrist straps feel very secure and I have yet to have any issues with them….the other reason why I like the TG or Ruta poles is for all of us Duomid/Solomid etc users you can use both poles to make one three section support pole for the shelter. No adapters/extra parts etc are needed…just unscrew the other poles bottom section, insert it into the top of the full pole , adjust to length desired and tighten. Customer service is top-notch at Ruta as well (same went for Titanium Goat– they were always great to deal with).

Couch

BPL Member

@rememberthelorax

They should be back in stock very soon!!

This is one of those manufacturing issues that has been out of their control AFAIK.

I found the Yana Poles from RL to be much to stiff and thus they had very bad vibrations on hard packed dirt, rocky trails and road hiking.

That said, they are the worlds lightest hiking poles.

+John Abela

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools