Topic

New Packs from Montane

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Packs from Montane

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Mark Montag
    BPL Member

@sanjuans

Montane has introduce several new packs for 2013. Ultra Tour 22 – Torque 40 & Grand Tour 55.

http://www.montane.co.uk/range/packs

I have used the Medusa 32 for the last year for 3-season overnight & multiple days and 4th season skiing & single day general mountaineering. I have found it to be the "perfect" pack – if there is such pack. My hiking is mostly alpine trail, off trail & 3rd/4th scrambling and love the tight fit. When including a FF DSLR, tripod and full filter kit, I'll be slightly under 30-32 lbs for 2-3 days. The Medusa is unbelievably comfortable with that weight for a 2 lbs pack.

I've recently been trying out the Anaconda 18 for lightweight fast day packing – I could see using this pack for summer overnights with thoughtful packing. Both of these packs are an "A+" on my list – might want to give them a look.

I'm looking forward to trying out the Batpack & Grand Tour 55 for a winter pack.

David Chenault
    BPL Member

@davec

Locale: Queen City, MT

The Ultra Tour looks good. Any chance you could give us the back length (bottom to middle of shoulder strap attachment) for the smaller packs? One size fits all packs can be quite variable.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools