Topic

Utah, New Mexico, or Texas backpacking in late March

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Utah, New Mexico, or Texas backpacking in late March

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Eli Zabielski
    BPL Member

@ezabielski

Locale: Boulder, CO

I was wondering if anyone could recommend an area in one of these states for a 5-6 day trip at the end of March that has,

1) pretty warm nights (25-30 degrees),
    2) a fair about of water availability and
    3) bigger than life experience.

We were considering areas like Canyonlands NP, Arches NP, Bryce NP, Grand Gulch, Guadalupe NP, or Zion NP, but it's hard to tell which one offer what we want at this time of year.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

Have you considered the Gila? Definitely a wild place. Check with Eugene Smith about specifics. I have not been there in the spring but I was there in October and loved it. Not to cold even that late in the year. Check into whether or not the rivers are fordable and if there is snow higher up.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Not Texas. Probably Grand Gulch or Zion area.

Q Smith
    BPL Member

@neotechktc-com-2-2

Locale: Texas Hill Country

Gotta pack water in Texas parks. No fires in Texas. But much warmer. Gila – the water is low! The rangers in gila didn't know crap about the trails…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools