Topic

Luxurylite bag?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Luxurylite bag?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    cat morris

@catt

Locale: Alaska

Anyone using 20 degree Luxurylite bag that is on sale for $125 at 30 oz. weight?

http://luxurylite.com/bagindex.html

Shawn Basil

@bearpaw

Locale: Southeast

There was a pretty heated discussion about Luxurylite's new bag last month (early March) on backpacking.net. It seems there was a big debate over how well they insulated. Bruce didn't specify a fill power for the down, but guaranteed a thickness of loft (4 inches) equivalent to typical 30 degree bags for 30 ounces. I don't think any one has successfully tried the bag yet, because it's new. I DO know he was also selling some early bags that were off spec for the down quality (and thus over-heavy) for $88 at that time. I believe his current $125 special is the regular bag.

I would be interested to hear feedback on the bag myself.

cat morris

@catt

Locale: Alaska

Bearpaw, since you are very active in the backpacking community, you could ask Bruce if you could gear-test one of his bags in order to write a review!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools