Topic

Grand Trunk Hammock Sleeping Bag

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Hammock Camping Grand Trunk Hammock Sleeping Bag

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

I see that Grand Trunk has a hammock sleeping bag in the peapod style. It uses Thinsulate (the specific type wasn't identified), 88" x 34" and 2lbs 10oz. $179.95 MSRP.

http://store.grandtrunkgoods.com/sleeping-bag

It's not a bad effort for a company that is on the inexpensive side of the market. I would love to see the cottage makers whip up an UL version. It begs to have a face net like a bivy, which would negate the need for a full bug net in all but the warmest weather.

It still perplexes me that someone doesn't just make and integrated system with hammock and sleeping bag all in one. It just needs to have a removable suspension for easy laundering.

Alpo Kuusisto
    BPL Member

@akuusist

"It still perplexes me that someone doesn't just make and integrated system with hammock and sleeping bag all in one. It just needs to have a removable suspension for easy laundering."

http://www.madtree.fi/products/tarseer.html
    Can't remember if suspension was removable though.

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

That is an interesting approach, ending up with a variation on a bridge hammock.

My thought was to have a regular two point hammock with the insulation being an integral part of the hammock body. With a full zip bug screen and gathered channel suspension, it could be stripped down for cleaning. A typical quilt or sleeping bag could be used on the topside.

Thatnks for the link!

Matthew Perry
    BPL Member

@bigfoot2

Locale: Hammock-NOT Tarptent!
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools