Topic

Airport To Trailhead

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Airport To Trailhead

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Michael Flanagan
    BPL Member

@mikelaw

Locale: Long Island

I'm pretty new to BPL and not much experienced in backpacking beyond my trips into the Catskills and Adirondacks with my sons' Scout Troop and with other friends. I'm now planning a backpacking trip into the High Uintas this coming late July/early August. I'll be flying in to Salt Lake City with two friends and we then plan to rent a vehicle to get out to the trailhead. It seems to me to be something of a waste of money to drive the car on two occasions (out and back) but pay, in our case, for eight rental days.

Anyone with thoughts out there on best way for getting to and from this trailhead (East Fork Blacks Fork trail)? I and my two hiking buddies are in our 50's and well past the hitch hiking stage of life. I've also considered that there's certainly value in having the vehicle in place should an emergency arise and we end up cutting the trip short. I've also considered the value of having a cache of clean clothes and snacks in the vehicle when coming off the trail. Still and all, it's a lot of money for about six hours' total driving.

Thanks in advance for your ideas.

Andrew Wolff
    Spectator

@andrew

Locale: Chattanooga

You could always try Craigslist rideshare or could see if there is anyone in the area that runs a shuttle service. I'm not familiar with the area but if you can find a backpacking forum specific to the uintas there may well be shuttle service information contained therein. Course, as you pointed out, this makes bailing a little more complicated. Good luck.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools