Topic

Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley)

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Brimmed Hat that actually breathes (not Tilley)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Randy Martin
    BPL Member

@randalmartin

Locale: Colorado

Anyone recommend a fully brimmed hat that breathes? I have a Tilley LTM6 and find that it doesn't breath well at all. Ideally, the entire upper part of the hat would be mesh except the flat part directly over your head.

Seth Brewer
    BPL Member

@whistler

Locale: www.peaksandvalleys.weebly.com

How about the Tilley LTM8 ? Seems like the perfect solution.

John S.
    BPL Member

@jshann

Full mesh crowns are liked by some..that still have hair on their heads. There was a guy that used to hang out here and he found a good priced one, but it would take some time to find the thread.

Ross L
    BPL Member

@ross

Locale: Beautiful BC

Check out the Columbia Bora Bora or the Outdoor Reasearch Sunshower Sombrero.

Reggie
    BPL Member

@regarrett

Locale: Staring off into the sunset.

You may want to check out the Riverz brand of amphibious hats from San Francisco Hat Company. SFHAT.com.
    I have the Riverz Outback and have backpacked in it in the muggy Arkansas Ouachita Mountains. The things last a very long time and are stylish. THey will not be rainproof.

Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

I really like my white rock oasis

Comes in a lot of colors and a few different fabrics, cheap to import from the uk, but I did have to put my own chin strap on it

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools