Topic

Henry Coe St Park/ Coit Lake 26 Mile Trip

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips Henry Coe St Park/ Coit Lake 26 Mile Trip

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Leaving from the park headquarters is a 26 mile round trip. Probably sleeping at HQ Friday night and leaving early,early Saturday morning. 10% chance of rain on Saturday and cold. All welcome and see ya there or PM ME if you have interest in working out some logistics.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

BUMP!

Coyote Creek

Lisa Frugoli
    BPL Member

@alfresco

Locale: San Francisco Bay Area

Jay – I was there last weekend. Beautiful weather. Warm, too, if you camp high. . The wildflowers are starting to bloom – I saw shooting stars, hound’s tongue, milkmaids, buttercup, fuchsia-flowered gooseberry, poppy, and lace parsnip.

Pacheco Camp
    Pacheco Camp

Morning
    Morning

Spring
    Spring

Pacheco Fals
    Pacheco Falls

Vista
    Vista

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Great pictures Lisa! HC is a HUGE park with plenty of areas to explore.

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Jay,

I need to stay in town this weekend but I'm thinking of a trip out at Coe as wild flowers start to bloom in the next two months.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

They are already starting to bloom!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Thanks Chris and Julie! I really had a great time spending some time with you two. Good Luck on your next adventure. I got back to the parks HQ around 12:00 and then went to IN-N-Out Burger the perfect after a backpacking trip food IMHO. See Ya!

Matthew Black
    Spectator

@mtblack

Sounds great, Jay. How are the wildflowers?

Chris S
    BPL Member

@bigsea

Locale: Truckee, CA

Thanks for throwing this trip announcement out there, Jay. We had a great time as well. We spent a little time having coffee by the lake in the morning, took a lunch break at Los Cruceros and then took a less direct route back via the narrows to china hole and up the china hole trail….so we didn't end up getting back to the HQ until around 2:30. Good times!

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Coit Lake from Willow Ridge

Henry Coe has unlimited possibilities of loops, out & backs and fishing. This is a excellent park to enjoy in the Winter months.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools