Topic

Hillbilly heading to LA

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Other Activities Hillbilly heading to LA

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

The visit was great Erik. I didn't get out of the city really. We did visit the freak show at Venice Beach, though. I didn't realize how much they had planned for me while at USC. The USC campus was really impressive. I didn't think the area around there was that bad either. It's hard to feel intimidated after traveling some of the hollers of eastern Kentucky. They have way more guns than the gangstas of LA.
    The bad news was that I wasn't really able to get out of the city. The good news is that I will have more chances. They gave him a scholarship for the School of Cinematic Arts at USC where he'll be a film and television production major. So I'll look back at this post again late this summer when I go back with him to move in.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

"They gave him a scholarship for the School of Cinematic Arts at USC where he'll be a film and television production major."

–RIGHT ON!! Congratulations to all of you, especially your son. Outstanding.

Condolences, however: you're gonna have to start explaining about your son, "the Californian" in a year or two. Ha ha!

Dale Wambaugh
    BPL Member

@dwambaugh

Locale: Pacific Northwest

Congrats! You can get him in touch with Mr. Drysdale and he can swim in the cement pond out back :)

Ben C
    BPL Member

@alexdrewreed

Locale: Kentucky

Erik, people already ask if we're worried about him spending so much time around weird people in California. Honest. I think he'll fit in just fine.
    Dale, he's already preparing Ellie May for the dip.

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools