Topic

Nano Shell? Sea to Summit Talus series bag? Opinions? Experience?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Nano Shell? Sea to Summit Talus series bag? Opinions? Experience?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Michael K
    BPL Member

@chinookhead

Hi….what do you guys think of the new Sea to Summit Talus Series bags? They are very new in the States, but there look pretty good and they seem to be a dri-down option that comes closest to fitting my needs. Unlike, the Sierra designs bags (heavy and low loft), they are pretty high loft bags (750+), so they are fairly light at 1# 15oz. for regular and 1# 3oz. for the long. The other features that peek my interest are the relaxed mummy fit (i often move or sleep on my side) and the 2D Nano Shell. They claim this shell is very water resistant (1000mm hydrostatic rating according to llbean) and very breathable. This sounds like a pretty good balance since I don't want condensation in my bag from a lack of breathability, but it sounds nice no to worry as much about brushing up against the walls of the tent.

I know this nano shell has been used for longer by sea to summit and other companies, so I'm just wondering what are peoples impressions about this material

It'll mainly be used in a tent out west in mid-30-40 degree evenings.

I'd most likely go with the Talus TSI.
    http://www.seatosummit.com/sleepingbags/talus.php

It's currently on sale at backcountry 20% off at 279 (348) retail. Can you think of a better reasonably priced option? I really like the idea of dri-down.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools