Topic

Northern Lites Backcountry Snowshoe REVIEW

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Northern Lites Backcountry Snowshoe REVIEW

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Benjamin Smith
    BPL Member

@bugbomb

Locale: South Texas

Companion forum thread to:

Northern Lites Backcountry Snowshoe REVIEW

Kristina Nethaway
    BPL Member

@kneth515

I've been using the Northern Lite Elites for 2 years now. I get out a few times a week during the winter, I live at 10,200 feet in the rockies.
    The Elites have enough flotation for most women, even in deep snow. Bigger people should buy the larger version.
    The aluminum claws stink. I've broken one, which the company replaced. The traction on a traverse is not good at all, and steep downhills are more exciting than they need to be.
    This would be my ideal snowshoe with stronger, larger claws. The light weight does make a huge difference, as with most outside gear.

Kristina Nethaway
    BPL Member

@kneth515

PS- Duct tape applied to the clean, dry and warm metal will help prevent snow buildup on snowshoe claws.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools