Topic

Greenthumb’s NC Shoulder Season List

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear Lists Greenthumb’s NC Shoulder Season List

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Green Thumb

@greenthumb

I've used this list on a total of 5 trips in the last half of 2012 and one just last weekend (18 days out total). For a trip in December, I wore a mid-weight base layer instead of the light stuff.

I use the S2S silnylon bag as my pack liner. Sleeping bag, socks, and an unworn base layer will fit.

If weather looks like it will get nasty, I bring along my 4.5 oz MYOG bivy to use under the tarp.

I know the thermarest is on the heavy side, given current tech, but I tried the NeoAir X-lite and really didn't like it. I felt like I was too high off the ground to be stable while sleeping. I usually turn a bit an night. The pad has been a champ, surviving innumerable trips, two years in Afghanistan, and two months in the Sahara desert with nary a hole. I guess I wasted my money on that repair kit in 1996. I have been looking at the 11 oz Prolites on sale at Campmor for $40. They look really similar. That would save 9 oz.

Anyway, please let me know if you see any glaring deficiencies or areas I could make improvement. Most of my trips are in Western NC and VA.

http://www.geargrams.com/list?id=9166

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools