Topic

Shortened a Neoair Xlite…

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Shortened a Neoair Xlite…

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Matt Weaver
    Spectator

@norcalweaver

Locale: PacNW

Seen a few of the original Neoairs shortened but hadn't seen any of the Xlites done, and have seen the question pop up here a few times on whether or not it can. Well, it works with no issues. Butchered up an extra regular size I got from one of the REI gsales, cut off 4.5 oz, leaving me with 46" length (when inflated), 20" at the shoulders, and the bottom only tapers to 19", which will be a much better fit for me then the factory short that tapers immediately. Anyways that's all, just wanted to throw this out there to hopefully help anybody that's considering modding their xlite in the future.

cut xlite 1

cut xlite 2

cut xlite 3

p.s. put 150lbs on 2 flat 2x6s across this pad for 2 days to mimic a person laying on it and no air loss.

Ryan Smith
    BPL Member

@violentgreen

Locale: East TN

That's good news Matt. Thanks for being the guinea pig. I'm assuming you just cut it open, cut back some of the insulation, and then used an iron to seal?

Ryan

Matt Weaver
    Spectator

@norcalweaver

Locale: PacNW

Yup, exact same process as the original neoair.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools