Topic

My new UL bag cozy

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition My new UL bag cozy

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

This morning I put our new UL fabric bag cozy up on our website. This was a fun project to come up with, and have it come out successfully.

I am working on a UL snack bag for packs right now, and they will be on the website in the next couple days.

My blog has a bit more about it:
    http://www.freezerbagcooking.com/myblog.htm

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Sarah, maybe you were too modest to mention it, but I found your cookbook, and read the exerpt at your site. Really great ideas for easy and delicious cooking; not just on the trail! I ordered one and suggest you all check it out..
    http://www.freezerbagcooking.com/fbcstore.htm
    Maybe I can escape ramen, oatmeal, and mountainhouse soon…

Hiker 816
    BPL Member

@hiker816

Locale: Denver

I also purchased Sarah's book and found it outstanding. This is the first backpacking cook book I've seen that actually reflects how I cook on a trip. I simply am not going to spend two and a half hours preparing a meal with pounds of fresh ingredients. Every other cook book seems to assume I am willing to do this. Sarah's freezer bag cooking book offers recipies that are extremely fast and easy to prepare (all require only adding boiling water, some even work adding cold water), yet are tasty and with enough variety to never get tiresome. Highly recommended.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

I bought Sarah's book about two weeks ago and it is just what I've been looking for. Going to have to adjust some of the foods for the ingredients you can and can't find here in Japan, though. But since following Sarah's suggestions from her website from two years ago my food weight has dropped dramatically while still being nutritious and filling and great tasting.

I also bought "Trail Food: Drying and Cooking Food for Backpackers and Paddlers" by Alan Kesselheim about four years ago and found it great, too.

Sarah Kirkconnell
    BPL Member

@sarbar

Locale: Homesteading On An Island In The PNW

Thank you all :-)
    I am steadily working on book #2 now. It is being edited now, and hopefully will be out in late summer to fall. All new recipes too!

George Matthews
    BPL Member

@gmatthews

"Freezer Bag Cooking: Trail Food Made Simple" cookbook.

Over 160 recipes

It is an excellent cookbook. Easy to prepare meals.

Well done!

http://www.freezerbagcooking.com

Joshua Mitchell

@jdmitch

Locale: Kansas

Sarah,

Just subscribed to your blog, nicely done.

Also, I hope to be buying the book and maybe a cozy or two soon. Very cool looking cozies, BTW.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools