Topic

Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Off Piste Photography Useful piece of gear for a lightweight tripod solution

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Casey Kreilein

@casey_kreilein

I saw this on another blog last night and immediately thought of posting this here. When I searched for it by name to make sure that I wasn't going to make a duplicate thread there was already one in the "Gear" forum. Though since this can almost be viewed as a niche piece of photography gear I figured that I would post about it here as well. Below is a link to the Kickstarter page where you can view the item. Long story short it takes the treking poles most of us carry anyway and converts them into a stable tripod.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1312251870/polepod-uses-the-poles-you-already-have-to-make-a

As a disclaimer I have no affiliation with this product, my motivation is that I just really want one myself and don't really have a way to acquire one unless the project gets funded. I've already pledged for a whole enchilada myself.

Casey Kreilein

@casey_kreilein

are you saying the message I posted is spam?

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

Casey,
    Please post a link or a photo. I'd like to see how it works.

Thanks.

g.

edit: looks like "dueling keyboards"….. Thanks for putting in the link.

Casey Kreilein

@casey_kreilein

I've been editing the original post trying to figure out from other messages on the boards on how to get a hyperlink inserted. Realizing that it just wasn't working for me I just pasted the address and people will have to copy and paste the address.

Gary Yee

@lakemcd

Locale: NW Montana

This is cool. I want one. Thanks for posting. Would never have come across this otherwise.

d k
    BPL Member

@dkramalc

"Funding Canceled
    Funding for this project was canceled by the project creator 1 day ago. "

Or so it says on the site. Too bad, looked interesting.

Pete Staehling
    BPL Member

@staehpj1

It looks like it could be a reasonable DIY project.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools