Topic

Transportation from Denver to Aspen

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning Transportation from Denver to Aspen

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Looking for any help from the members that can guide me in the right direction for this.

This is in response to the other thread I have posted on the Maroon Bells loop.
    If we fly into Denver it's cheaper by almost half compared to flying into Aspen, the problem is we need transportation from Denver airport to Aspen for 6-8 people, any suggestions?

This trip will be in the 1st week of Aug. I can get round trip air from SouthWest for around $275.00 to Aspen it's $500.00

Thanks, Jack

John Whynot

@jdw01776

Locale: Southeast Texas

I've always rented a car at the Denver airport. It's an expensive place to rent a car, but won't be bad splitting the cost among a group. With 8 people you may need 2 cars, or maybe a van. This far out you may be able to get a good deal on a rental. The best deal I got was $150/week for a small SUV.

There is also a van service to Aspen, but if I recall it runs about $200/person. It may be less if you arrange a charter for a group.

There are some trailheads in that area I would not drive a car to.

If you are looking for less expensive motels in the area, try Carbondale. There are also USFS campgrounds on Maroon Creek Road…

Bob Bankhead
    BPL Member

@wandering_bob

Locale: Oregon, USA

Colorado Mountain Express will take you from Denver airport to Aspen. CME has a service desk on the main level of DIA and its vans leave from the baggage claim area.

http://www.coloradomountainexpress.com/

Greg Mihalik
    Spectator

@greg23

Locale: Colorado

And I see that for $99 CME will get you to Snowmass.
    $800 for all of you. One way. A rental is sounding better.

Backpack Jack
    BPL Member

@jumpbackjack

Locale: Armpit of California

Thanks everyone for the info.

John, I think you're right it may be cheaper to rent a van or SUV, especialy if we're going to drive any where else in Co.

I now they have public transportation around Aspen and to the trail head, and also in Denver, but it would be nice if they had a connecting shuttle.

Jack

Dean F.
    BPL Member

@acrosome

Locale: Back in the Front Range

That the people who spend time in Aspen don't WANT it to be easy for the proletariat masses to get there. That's why they close Independence Pass in the winter. :)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools