Feb 7, 2013 at 11:52 pm #1298985
This is to help me keep track off everyone I invited to go to Mooroon Bells Co.
If I called you or pm'd/emailed you plese send me a pm so I can make a complete list of people who want to go, also remember this is a first come first serve basis.
If you know you can't make it let me know so someone else can have a spot.
This is open to 6 people total maybe 8 (if we can swing the dynamics of that big of a group) that I've contacted and the date is for Aug 2nd- 11th.
We may fly into Denver and drive from there to the trail head. I'm still looking into transportation.
Tickets to fly into Aspen are around $450.00 R.T. from LAX. If we do Denver it's almost half that price.
Here's to another great trip guys.
JackFeb 8, 2013 at 5:49 am #1952140
Thanks for the invite Jack. I'd better pass if you are flying in, although I could drive there in a day and a half, but would want to be back to work on a Monday, which would mean leaving early Sunday the 10th to get back to W Nevada.
DuaneFeb 8, 2013 at 7:10 am #1952159
@ Duane Driving is still possible, the hike will actualy start on that Sat. and will only go until Tues. Or Wed. at the latest, I just said 2nd through the 11th incase some of us wanted to try and catch a 14 teen'r after that, or just hang out in Aspen for a few days since most of us have never been there, the invite is still open.
JackFeb 8, 2013 at 7:52 am #1952172
I'm interested, but it will be awhile before I could commit – such is my life. So if the slots fill up before then I understand!Feb 8, 2013 at 7:59 am #1952175
K Jack, I'll send an IM. Still a little tentative, I'll ask my manager if I can squeeze in a couple days where another lady here at work likes to take off.
Aspen? Can I play a bum there, I'm not much to look at after being out and being old with a beard.:) If you get your six before I know more, that's the way it is.
DuaneFeb 8, 2013 at 8:02 am #1952179
That would be great Doug,
I may have to increase the group size and make it another GGG. LOL
I really don't mind more people going, it's just when you get too large of a group they tend to get spread out and it's hard to find camp spots for the whole group, we will see.
@Duane it would be great if you can make it, and finaly meet you.
JackFeb 8, 2013 at 8:12 am #1952182
Jack, I certainly appreciate the invite, but I expect to be somewhere between Yellowstone and Glacier during those dates. If I can be of any help with your pre-trip planning, let me know. I think I already mentioned a good driving loop to catch the greatest scenery in the Aspen area. And don't forget to do a hot soak at Glenwood Springs after the stinky hike.Feb 8, 2013 at 12:57 pm #1952297
Manager said I can take the time off. Have to wait until June to put in officially. I can visit my brother and my sis-in-law then I guess, they live in Jct. This will let me get my feet wet in another state, good deal.
DuaneFeb 8, 2013 at 2:19 pm #1952330
@timdcyLocale: Gore Range
"I may have to increase the group size and make it another GGG."
I wouldn't mind a piloted Cali GGG here in Colorado.Feb 25, 2013 at 12:40 am #1958387
So far the list is as follows,
Still room for 2 more, maybe more, will see how it goes.
The plan is to fly into Denver (the tickets are cheaper) then rent a van or 2 cars, drive to the trail head, hike for 4-5 days then return to the van/cars, drive to a motel to spend the night and clean up, then the next few days we can just use the van/cars to go do some exploring in Aspen or other parts of Co.
That's all I have so far guys.
JackFeb 25, 2013 at 6:46 pm #1958704
Thanks Jack.Feb 28, 2013 at 3:55 pm #1959824
You guys might as well get a 14er in while you're here. When you get out, head over Independence Pass and up to Leadville. Cheaper than Aspen. Have a well earned steak dinner at Quincy's (http://quincystavern.com). Get up early and head south to your choice of 14ers.Feb 28, 2013 at 8:07 pm #1959940
Would care to join us and be an offical tour guide? I have lots of questions.
JackMar 1, 2013 at 9:07 am #1960103
Thanks for the offer Jack. Sounds like a great trip. But I'm using my time of for some week long trips on the CT this year. But I'll be happy to answer any questions I can. I'll send you a pm.Mar 30, 2013 at 9:09 am #1971053
It looks like I may have to cancel the Co. trip in Aug, I'll know for sure by the end of next week.
I hope this doesn't cause any problems with the people that had to ask for time off, this really bumbs me out, this will be the first out of state trip I've had to cancel, not that I've had that many, but I'm really sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Some of the other guys may still be interested, if you still want to go I'll contact them and you guys can go from there, or feel free to post on here.
Again I'm really sorry, but I thought I'd let people know as soon as possible that way they can make changes, or go back to work, uuuggghhh!
Thanks, JackMar 30, 2013 at 12:45 pm #1971103
Sorry to hear you might not make it Jack. I can't request time off for the second half of the year until June sometime, so I'm fine for now. I can still do this, but someone who knows the area or whatever, needs to take over. I'll see about plan B in the meantime.
DuaneMar 30, 2013 at 6:31 pm #1971211
@meldLocale: The here and now.
Hikes are all nice and everything but you know what is most important. Let me know if I can help out.
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.