Topic

stumbled on a new trail snack

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Food, Hydration, and Nutrition stumbled on a new trail snack

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

I stumbled onto a new trail snack ,fried green peas from nutty guys.com at an albertsons store. A serving is 30 grms slightly less then a half cup. 120 cals,3 gms fat,18 gms carbs,7 gms protein,5 gms fiber, and 10 grms iron.
    Which isn't too bad a balance, real crunchy. Haven't tried tossing them into anything .
    They also have a wasabi flavor.

Steven Nelson
    BPL Member

@slnsf

Locale: Northern California

Similar item I've enjoyed for years: wasabi peas – one of my favorite trail snacks. Usually available in the Asian aisle of the grocery store (Hapi brand is my favorite – no MSG).

Jan Rezac
    BPL Member

@zkoumal

Locale: Prague, CZ

10 grams of iron per 30 gram serving: it must contain nails!

larry savage
    Spectator

@pyeyo

Locale: pacific northwest

Sorry, I just copied the nutritional value label without thinking what 1/3 iron might mean. I did just check their website and it doesn't elaborate further so it must be, duh, a label error.

Denis Hazlewood
    BPL Member

@redleader

Locale: Northern California

Larry,

How do you use your compass with a belly full of these peas? Maybe the iron is where they get the "crunch".

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools