Topic

New Gear from the Cottages 2013

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New Gear from the Cottages 2013

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Locale: Finland

Benjamin from hrXXLight & me gathered the News from the UL cottages across the globe and will publish them in two articles.

The first article is online and features new gear from MLD, LiteTrail, HMG and many more: New Gear from the Cottages 2013.

To see what news Gossamer Gear, LOCUS GEAR, Aarn Designs and others have for us, you should browse tomorrow (Wednesday) to hrXXLight. Happy trails =)

Doug Coe
    BPL Member

@sierradoug

Locale: Bay Area, CA, USA

Seeing all of this new gear and gear news in one place is fantastic. Good work!

Tim Drescher
    BPL Member

@timdcy

Locale: Gore Range

Great work Hendrik!

Looking forward to tomorrow's edition.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Locale: MaxTheCyclist.com

If you guys make this a regular thing, message me for some free copy-editing to sift out some minor errors. I'll do it for free!

Edit: sorry if this sounded like a criticism! This article is fantastic- I can tell you put in a lot of time connecting with so many different vendors. I want to see your blog thrive- if I can save you time by doing the editing, I want to!

Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Not bad though, with English being Hendrik's second language. (or so I assume)

Frank H.
    BPL Member

@porker110

Locale: Oregon

@Max

"If you guys make this a regular thing, message me for some free copy-editing to sift out some minor errors. I'll do it for free!"

What are you trying to get at?

Let them do what they want.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

I know it's a Finnish blog and all. I can run through things and edit for little things like an "is" instead of an "it in mere minutes. It's no imposition on me and might mean the difference between hooking casual users and not hooking them. He did say he was trying to make a living off the blog.

Professionalism is key if you want to compete for the casual user's attention. Most of the people who post here could care less, since they are already passionate about the content.

I'm a freelance writer and an editor for a literary magazine. This is what I do.

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

"Most of the people who post here could care less"
    Not me because I don't in fact care at all.
    However there are some caring people about and those could do with less of that.

American, just like the real thing but different.
    Insert your favourite* Emoticon here :

*(that is "favorite" for you guys over there)

Serge Giachetti
    Spectator

@sgiachetti

Locale: Boulder, CO

As a neoair user, I'm liking the idea of an MLd airframe burn.

Thank you for putting in the time Hendrik. I bought you a coffee. Just make sure you're eating too!

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Thank you all for the kind feedback; Part two goes online soon.

Serge, Merci for the coffee! Much appreciated; will try to remember to eat =)

Max, please feel free to Email me (hendrik.morkel[at]gmail.com) with the corrections; English is my 2nd language and I'm happy to learn & improve!

Eric Blumensaadt
    BPL Member

@danepacker

Locale: Mojave Desert

Hendrik,
    Thanks for this effort. It is very useful to bring all the latest backpacking cottage industry info together in one place. Great idea and its time has come.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Part II of the article is now online! Enjoy =)

Peter S
    BPL Member

@prse

Locale: Denmark

article Hendrik. I always enjoy your enthusiasm. Looking forward to read the 2. part today from Benjamin.

John Mc
    BPL Member

@retiredjohn

Locale: PNW

Many thanks…. You teased me with the Zpacks write up. I was hoping to read that Joe will be producing that freestanding cuben dome tent he made. Here in Washington State it's nice to have a freestanding tent. Sometimes it's just takes to long to find an open spot wide enough for most tents requiring long tie outs.

Again thanks…..I'll log off and go check out Part 2.

Max Dilthey
    Spectator

@mdilthey

Just sent you an e-mail, Hendrik! Thanks again!

David Ure

@familyguy

Hendrik's blog is what I read on a dail basis, which is more than I can say for BPL.

Hendrik, is there a Part 3 or are you Finnish? (yuck, yuck)

Benjamin Moryson
    BPL Member

@hrxxl

Locale: Germany

There are only 2 articles. If there are any news in the next time we will update our articles.

Hendrik Morkel
    BPL Member

@skullmonkey

Thanks David, I'm honoured and I chuckled too!

There were a few omissions – cottages which didn't get back to me, or which I simply forgot to contact. I updated my article now already to include some more news from Warbonnet & Flyweight Designs, and try to reach out once more to the missing ones. If I make further updates or in case there'd be a new article I will let everyone know in this thread or via a mention in The Week In Review.

xac kurush

@xackurush

If you want you can add 2 french cottage manufacturers:
    Orri -> custom Climashield Apex insulated jacket and pants with 10D nylon in different apex weight (from 2 to 2*3 oz)
    Ks-ultralightgear -> cuben tarp shelter hybrid, cuben hybrid or nylon dyneema packs, bivy sack,…
    ;)

Rusty Beaver
    BPL Member

@rustyb

Locale: Idaho

Don't forget backpack artist extraordinaire, Chris Zimmer. http://www.zimmerbuilt.com/custom-backpacks.html

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools