Topic

JMT thru hike

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips JMT thru hike

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Locale: S.Cal/High Sierra

Hi,
    I'd like to do the JMT in about 14 days in mid Juy or mid Aug. I am looking for a partner. I have done 90% of the trail in pieces and am ready to do the whole trail. Any interest?
    Jeff Cygan
    Santa Barbara, Ca.
    [email protected]

Randy Brissey
    BPL Member

@rbrissey

Locale: Redondo Beach, CA

Hello,

Which direction are you planning to do it? There appears many are planning to do it this summer. I am planning a south to north run (bypassing Whitney) by starting at Horseshoe Meadow.

Randy

Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Hi Randy,
    Thanks for the reply. I'd like to go from Yosemite to Whiney. I'd like to do the classic route. On the other hand, I'm always open for changing conditions.
    Jeff

Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Jhuara Wachsman,
    Thanks for the reply. I tried your site, it didnt work. Please contact me again. Mid July could be a good time.
    Jeff

JW
    BPL Member

@litetrail

Jeff,

Hey, sorry the link didn't work, but it was just to my profile here on BPL's site. You can see it at any time by clicking my name or user name next to this post. My gear list is there in PDF format (though I have a new kit that I have been working on). You can also see a history of past posts I've made.

The JMT is one of the trails on my "can't wait to go" list. It would be great to go with someone who's done parts of it. I know some of the trails are not well marked at the north end.

I've followed the record attempts of Al Shaver on this site and others who have done it leisurely. From both perspectives it looks really fun and challenging.

I've got plenty of experience backpacking and usually go solo night hiking whenever possible. I can do 14 hour days or mellow days. I'm flexible. Most importantly to me is to have fun, learn about new trails and experience being in nature.

Contact me at my email if you have any questions.

All the best,
    Jhaura

Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Jhaura Wachsman,
    I'm sorry but I still cant get onto your backpacklight site and you didnt give me your email address to contact you. If you could email me your email address I will gladly contact you. Mid July sounds good to me for the JMT.
    Jeff Cygan

Joel Richter

@joelr

Jeff,
    I hoping to do the JMT this summer as well. The good wife says I can't go solo. Still looking for a partner? 2 weeks is about what I was looking at. Have you established a start date? Let me know… Joel (Camas, WA)
    PS – anyone open to a tag-a-long on the JMT, let me know.

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

I might be able to go…late July or August. I don't have any permits.

Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Thanks for the reply Joel,
    That sounds familiar; my wife doesn't like me hiking solo either. Good thing someone is looking out for us. I was looking at about July 18 to Aug 1 from Yosemite Valley to Whitney Summit. Let me know. You can email me if you like.
    Jeff

Julie Busse

@mountuhngirl

Hi Joel,

I am also planning to do the JMT from north to south. Plan to start fairly soon after 4th of July. I can't go much later as I have other committments in mid-August. No permit, just planning to camp out a day or two if necessary to get one of the same-day permits. I will be doing a more leisurely trip than you, closer to three weeks. I'm in Seattle and am wondering how you are planning to get to and from the trail and if you might be interested in sharing transport?

Douglas Frick
    BPL Member

@otter

Locale: Wyoming

>I might be able to go…late July or August. I don't have any permits.

Bah. Not this year. :-(

Jeff C.

@cascadejeff

Hey Joel,
    Still interested?
    Jeff

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

Locale: N. California

i'm thinking about this

can't be sure i can commit to whole thing – i'll be on a time window for work & will have to bail out if i can't make a pace for 2 week trip

but around the 4th for starters sounds about right

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

start june 30 or july 1 or 2

Anonymous
    Inactive

My son and I are planing in late August and early September South to North. We would like to refill at Muir Ranch. Is it still in business?

cary bertoncini
    Spectator

@cbert

schedule & all

http://www.muirtrailranch.com/

you aren't a kays from grass valley are you?

Anonymous
    Inactive

No Cary, I didn't know there were any. And thanks for response. John

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools