Topic

Trangia mini pot gripper – where can I get a new one (or make???

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Trangia mini pot gripper – where can I get a new one (or make???

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

I really like the Trangia mini pot gripper

It weighs very little, packs pretty small and, unlike the GSI mini gripper allows me to take the pot off the stove even if its flaming up a bit and even if the pot is full

I use only 500ml pots so its ideal for me

anyone know where i can get an extra one, or how to make one or similar…???

Hoot Filsinger
    BPL Member

@filsinger

Locale: Pacific Northwest
    Konrad .
    BPL Member

@konrad1013

Mike,
    REI has a great selection:
    http://www.rei.com/category/5760737

If you have trouble getting it shipped overseas, I'm sure someone can help out (including myself).

Emily B

@emilyb

I was looking for the Trangia mini pot handle myself a few months ago. I searched high and low, and all the online retailers said they themselves often can't get just the pot handle alone. I think I saw it on Amazon or Ebay, but with shipping to where I live it would have cost almost as much as the whole mini Trangia set.
    Vargo has had it before; doesn't look like it's in stock now, but you could email to ask more:
    http://www.vargooutdoors.com/MINI-TRANGIA
    I ordered some Trangia odds and ends from them, and found they had a very reasonable international delivery.

Hikin’ Jim
    BPL Member

@hikin_jim

Locale: Orange County, CA, USA

Liberty Mountain has a pretty complete line of Trangia gear, including the mini Trangia (Trangia 28). I haven't tried it, but it looks like you can order part by part.

HJ
    Adventures In Stoving

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

That's where I got my non-stick Trangia frypan as a part. At the time, the only place. Lighter than other non-stick frying pans, just need a pot gripper or gloves etc. to hold it while turning pancakes. Yum on bp trips.
    Duane

Michael Cheifetz
    BPL Member

@mike_hefetz

Locale: Israel

indeed vargo said they could get one….but its on back order

for small pots (500~700ml range) would you use this of the Vargo Ti..I assume the wt and size diff is small

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools