Topic

President’s Day weekend

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Hiking Partners / Group Trips President’s Day weekend

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • Author
    Charles P
    Spectator

@mediauras

Locale: Terra

Awesome, thanks Kat, Bob.

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

Bumping this trip if anyone else is interested.

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Oh man! Here I'm stuck going with two young bucks, instead of a young lady. Always my luck, the wimmen are always headed the other way from me. Enjoy Kat.
    Duane

Richard Niemi
    BPL Member

@rickniemi

Locale: Santa Cruz Mountains

Hey Kat,
    If I can swing it I'm going to try to make your trip. I'll be on skis.
    Rick

Kattt
    BPL Member

@kattt

I don't think I can make this.
    My apologies to you guys. I hope I am not becoming one to skip out on trips too often.
    My side business is booming and even staying up late this last week, I keep getting orders and I cannot turn down work right now.
    Katharina

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

Sorry you can't make it Kat. That work can really get in the way. Me and Rick are still in. Who else is going?

Jeremy and Angela
    BPL Member

@requiem

Locale: Northern California

Angela and I are still in as well.

Jeremy and Angela
    BPL Member

@requiem

Locale: Northern California

Hey Mark, sorry we missed you guys! It was getting a little cold by the time we reached the lake, so we didn't do too much exploring of campsites. Hope you guys had fun!

Sunset from Lake Winnemucca

Marc Eldridge
    BPL Member

@meld

Locale: The here and now.

Rick and I got in late Friday night and hiked to Winnemucca Lake in the dark. Well there was a little moon. Woke up late Saturday and when the wind picked up decided to move down into the trees about half mile from the TH. Set up and crawled in to take a nap about 3:30 and next thing you know it was 7:30 so I ate something and went back to sleep. Got up nice and refreshed on Sunday, ate breakfast and headed out to the parking lot on the north side of 88. We should have headed to the left facing north but we went to the right and climbed to a saddle overlooking Red Lake. We were glad we went that way because it put us up high. We traversed north for a ways and stopped due west of Red Lake Peak which provided us a nice view of Lake Tahoe. Made it back to camp about 3:30. Spent Sunday night and headed out Monday morning.

,jhv

ljuv

;iu

oi

jhv

Viewing 9 posts - 26 through 34 (of 34 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools