Topic

Montbell Dyamno Wind Pant sizing.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Montbell Dyamno Wind Pant sizing.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Brinkman

@dukebot

Locale: So Cal

So I have read that Montbell has strange sizing and being 6'2 with a 32-34 waist and 33 inch inseam I am debating between the medium and the large size. Typically the only thing that would go under would be my running shorts and base layers. Anyone that owns these could give me some experience would be nice. Don't want them too big but I don't want them too short.

Renais A
    BPL Member

@renais

I'm a 34" waist and find that the large fits me well at the waist. At 5'10", and a 32" inseam, I find that I need to roll up the bottom a couple times to keep it from going too far over my shoes. These pants were used almost constantly for two months on the AT. I did not have regular long pants, just shorts and base layers for the cold. I had been worried that the dynamo might not stand up to constant use because of the very light fabric, but soon realized that it was stronger than it looked. With care, I could wear them when sitting down on some pretty rough surfaces without tearing them. The seams held up well. The only tears I got were two small ones from falling onto sharp branch ends; my skin was worse off than the pants. I found that calling the Montbell store in Boulder was very helpful in answering questions I had; the employees are enthusiastic about their gear, and really went the extra mile to help.

Rick M
    BPL Member

@yamaguy

del

Tjaard Breeuwer
    BPL Member

@tjaard

Locale: Minnesota, USA

I am 33" waist, 36" inseam and find the L perfect. They are of course a bit short on me for fashionable wear, but long enough to keep me warm. I can layer a powerstretch tight underneath and in a pinch wear my UL down pants underneath too, but I have skinny legs.

In this pic, they have ridden up because of biking, normally when I stand up they come down to just above my ankles.

dynamo pants and Stoic wraith

Nico .
    BPL Member

@nickb

Locale: Los Padres National Forest

I wear a Medium in the Dynamo pants. I'm 5'10", usually wear a 34" waist and a 30 or 32" inseam.

The fit is a little snug around the waist (just enough room to comfortably get them on/off) and the length is perfect for me in this size.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools