Topic

Big Sky International Update

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Big Sky International Update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • Author
    Michelle M. Grissom

@prettykitty

You have some good points but the core of what you are addressing needs to be typed clearly. Why don't you just spell it out instead of all these abbreviations?

On a side note, someone needs to inform Kristen H. (Backpacker Magazine's Gear Editor) by email and include the thread web addresses to ALL these numerous complaints over many months from dozens of Mr. Molen's customers who are still being ripped off to this day.

I don't see what's the big deal about these Tents, he's not designing anything really all that new. It's just a matter of time before one of mainstream Tent companies makes a better model with delivery on time. :)

kristin hostetter

@khostetter

Dear Michelle,

"Kristin H" from Backpacker here. Rest assured, I've read all the threads pertaining to this. But Your post dated 10/09–what was that in response too? Maybe I missed something. Thanks.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Kristin:

I haven't encountered much complaints about Big Sky on this or other forums lately. Could it be — could it really be — that Bob has finally gotten his acts together?

As mentioned, I have no axe to grind with Bob — but only wanted to warn people away from him — for good reasons. But if he has truly turned the corner…

As I (and many others) have stated, Bob has some darn good tents. I understand Bob actually has a ready inventory of the two-person / two-door model on hand at present! If so, now may be the time to place orders — after confirming, of course.

Anonymous
    Inactive

****Maybe I missed something.****
    Kristen,

Yes you have obviously. You and your publication made a very poor decision and rather than confess a mistake you aggressively attempt to defend it by going on the offense with the above poster, Michelle. You, a member of the press, should be ashamed of using this attack to chill free expression and censor her continued expression of opinions about the irresponsibility of your publication.
    Try dealing with your decision on the merits rather than attacking the whistle-blower.

Doug Hile

@dhile

I think that people just have given up on Bob, I have. I ordered Feb. 06 and have not seen my jacket and do not think I will. To his credit he has taken the items off his order page that he has not been able to ship. And there is not any promise dates that he will miss on his web page. But I would not order from him again.

Richard Scruggs
    BPL Member

@jrscruggs

Locale: Oregon

Where's the censorship by Kristin's post?

Here her entire post:

"Dear Michelle,

" 'Kristin H' from Backpacker here. Rest assured, I've read all the threads pertaining to this. But Your post dated 10/09–what was that in response too? Maybe I missed something. Thanks."

Considering that Michelle's post was about two months after the last post that preceded it, Kristin's question about what prompted Michelle's post seems reasonable.

And it sure seems like Kristin's post was just a politely phrased question in an effort to learn if there had been any specific complaints since the date of the post that immediately preceded Michelle's post (early August) and was the most recent post in the forum thread before Michelle posted her comment.

As a past and possibly future customer of Big Sky, I would also like to know the answer to Kristin's question about whether Big Sky has had further problems reported here (or anywhere) since early August. And don't see how simply asking for that information amounts to censorship or an attack on anyone.

JRS

kristin hostetter

@khostetter

Richard, thank you for responding to John Kays post, and giving me the benefit of the doubt. You are right on, I was in absolutely no way trying to attack Michelle. I'm really surprised and blindsided by that accusation, frankly. I simply wanted to know if there have been any new developments in the Big Sky situation. From what I gather, BS made good on all the double wall orders and has them in stock. Since Michelle's post is the only one I've seen on the topic in a while, I was just inquiring if she has had a recent experience.

"Going on the offense"? Not me.

Viewing 7 posts - 101 through 107 (of 107 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools