Topic

Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Is National Outdoor Leadership School (NOLS) Ready to Go Light?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 126 post (of 126 total)
  • Author
    CW
    BPL Member

@simplespirit

Locale: .

That definitely helps clarify some things. I got all of my information from your student welcome packets and website.

In regards to course count, I was only including those where content might vary which is why I listed 2. IMO, multiple instances of the same course is still a single course.

Your not required to carry anything more than you need to be safe and comfortable and to be able to support the expedition. On my scale, leadership weighs exactly 0.0 oz.

One look at the pack list for a standard NOLS course says otherwise. Ex. "If you bring an internal frame pack, it will be examined by your instructors to determine its suitability for your course and route. It must have a volume
    of 5500 to 6100 cubic inches."

Viewing 126 post (of 126 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools