Topic

Sierra Designs Cloud 15 Review

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Editor’s Roundtable Sierra Designs Cloud 15 Review

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    Raymond Estrella

@rayestrella

Locale: Northern Minnesota

Even cheaper direct from SD right now. $349.99

http://www.sierradesigns.com/p-474-cloud-15.aspx

Michael Flanagan
    BPL Member

@mikelaw

Locale: Long Island

Sierra Designs has only the regular size on sale. The Clymb's price is for the long version.

Mark Montag
    BPL Member

@sanjuans

Jerry – good comment on the solar value of a dark sleeping bag cover – that makes a huge difference in colder air temps.

Looks like a nice bag despite the light cover – competitively priced. Wonder why it's not sporting the DriDown. The EN rating is 30* for woman and 19* for men.

The comparison needs to be made to the Marmot Plasma 15 – very well designed hood, draft collar & footbox wrapped in a Pertex Quantum cover – one degree warmer on the EN rating – though cost wise you need to wait for the sale prices.

I've been watching for the Plasma 0* for about a year – I see they finally now have those available – I'd start waiting for the sale price but my 2006' 900 down Quantum cover Lithium is in perfect condition and weights the same even though I added 1.5oz of 900 to the draft tube – I also like the fuller cut for ventilating and ability to add layers without as much compression.

Jim Sweeney
    BPL Member

@swimjay

Locale: Northern California

At the Sierra Designs website today (2/8), one currently finds the Dridown Cal 13 and the women's Dridown Clo 18, which may be the successor bags, both of which have the vertical baffles. No trace of the Cloud 15. Guess it drifted off.

Luke Schmidt
    BPL Member

@cameron

Locale: Alaska

How will 900 fill power down handle the condensation? Last thing I want at 15 degrees is a compromised sleeping bag.

Viewing 5 posts - 26 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools