Topic

New montbell gear… check it out

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) New montbell gear… check it out

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Ryan Faulkner
    Spectator

@ryanf

hey, ive been away from the forums for quite some time, so i dont know if any of this has already been adressed, but ive been looking at the montbell website the last few days, and am pretty excited about sme of their new and updated gear.

some of my favorites from the new line:
    The updated Versalite jacket, now only 10.6oz
    UL down inner H S jacket
    Alpine light jacket
    UL wind parka
    updated UL wind jacket
    updated stretch wind pants, now only 4.8oz
    800 fill power sleeping bags, oposed to the old 725 fill
    and all the inflatable sleeping pads.

you should check out the website for yourself,

I have my eye on that UL wind parka, ony 3.3oz for a full zip hooded wind shell with a pocket.

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

Welcome back, Ryan. The other day I was wondering what happened to you. I think the parka looks pretty cool.

-Mark

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

Welcome back Ryan! Missed having your unique perspective on things here. Have you come up with any new ideas for SUL walking? Would love to hear what you've got in your pack now, a year later.

Yeah, the MontBell stuff is amazing, isn't it? I especially like the sleeping bags. They just keep getting better and better!

Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

When I contacted MontBell last week about an availability date for the UL pillows, Nels Larson at MontBell added the following info to his very punctual reply:

"FYI – MontBell is planning to launch a all new website this spring! Please keep an eye on http://www.montbell.com for new tents, sleeping bags, backpacks, and apparel."

So it looks like more is on the way…

Chad Mason
    Spectator

@porch13

Locale: Arizona

I've also been in contact with Montbell inquiring about the pillow. Here is what I received from Nels this morning:

Thank you for contacting MontBell. Unfortunately the U.L. Pillows are not expected to arrive for some time, in fact I don't have a firm delivery date at this time.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Chad:

I remember reading Brett's post stating that the pillows are out of stock even in Japan, MB's home country.

Ernie Elkins

@earthdweller

Locale: North Carolina

That's disappointing news, Chad. When I inquired about the pillows last week, Nels said that they expected more in late April or early May. Something must have gone wrong in the interim.

Miguel Arboleda
    BPL Member

@butuki

Locale: Kanto Plain, Japan

That was me, Ben! Don't let Brett take up all the space on the MB pimping block!

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Miguel, you work that side of the street, I'll work this side. :) And I defer to your knowledge of Montbell since you have been buying their stuff since almost the beginning.

I was surprised to read the post about the new website and gear information from Montbell. I am also looking forward to that.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Turf war! When pimps fight, prices come down… :)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools