Topic

Free Shipping on Ultralight Stoves, Cook Kits, Tarps & Trekking Poles

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Commerce Gear Deals Free Shipping on Ultralight Stoves, Cook Kits, Tarps & Trekking Poles

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • Author
    Bill Reynolds
    BPL Member

@billreyn1

Locale: North East Georgia Mountains

Do you have any pics or video of the stove/system in operation? Curious about the cone and the pot stability. The cone doesn't appear to have any holes for the stakes? Thanks Bill

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

Bill,
    Here are some pictures of the stove in operation. Pot stability is excellent, because the pedestal on the stove fits perfectly into the base of the beer can pots. Cone stability is also very good, and in high winds the cone can be staked down directly or the stakes can be used to support the pot, which weights it down. The cone has two sets of holes for the stakes. One set of holes is about 1/2 way up, for use when burning Esbits or with the alcohol stove in winds. The other set is on the top, for use when burning wood.in useesbitwoodstablewood 2

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Paul,
    That video is one of the things that inspired me to make polycryo tarps. The tube tent looked a little to small and narrow to me too. It would be sure to wet the sides of your sleeping bag/quilt with condensation. I do like how it seals up tight though. Thought about making a bigger tube with two sheets of polycryo, but didn't see much advantage vs. a low-pitched tarp and groundsheet. Bug protection is better with tube, but I use a polycryo poncho/ground sheet and like the versatility and using one thing for two purposes.

Bill Reynolds
    BPL Member

@billreyn1

Thanks David I'll be ordering mine.

Phillip Damiano

@phillipsart

Locale: Australia

How long can you send one of those stoves out. i live in Australia, but will be using a mail forwarder, I have a package leaving in the next few days from my mail forwarder at Hawthorne CA. You still offering free postage for members?

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Yes, free shipping to members inside the USA. If I get it out today before 6 pm via USPS Priority Mail it can still get to Hawthorne in time.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Steven, thanks for the tip. I will look into hammockforums.

Phillip Damiano

@phillipsart

How do I order?

Phillip Damiano

@phillipsart

I wouldn't mind getting the Ramjet ECO Ultralight Backpacking Stove with Titanium Windscreen, but will need one of those plastic containers for storage you have shown in the kit's. Is that possible? Also you have any video footage of the stove in action?

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Go to http://www.etsy.com and enter "goldgearlite" and you will see all of the items in my "shop" there. Then it's just point and click.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

No video of the stove in operation yet. Still trying to get it done, but my landlord just lost his home in a short sale and gave me 60 days notice to move so I'm kind of distracted from that task. Will try to get it done this weekend and post it to YouTube.

If you want the Ramjet ECO stove and Ti windscreen and plastic container, why not just order the Trekker Solo Ti cook kit? It's only a few bucks more and you get a complete kitchen.

thrillhouse 617

@thrillhouse

ordering a pair of poles! looking forward to them

Reggie
    BPL Member

@regarrett

Locale: Staring off into the sunset.

My poles are ordered as well. Can't wait to get them.

Bill Reynolds
    BPL Member

@billreyn1

I got my solo Ti Trekker cook kit and am really impressed. Thanks David!

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA

David, I can get a video up of your stove working if that will help you out.

Reggie
    BPL Member

@regarrett

Locale: Staring off into the sunset.

I'd like to see that video, too.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Justin,

That would be incredibly cool and helpful. Thanks man! I'm in the process of moving and everything is kind of crazy around here right now.

Thanks again,

David

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

I put together a quick video of setting it up and lighting it. Hopefully it can help you all get a better look at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vf8GGJ-ztjQ

David, is there anything you want me to add to the video description?

Link .
    BPL Member

@annapurna

hyper link to video.

David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Hey Justin, thanks a million. Nice quick demonstration.

One thing to note, you're using the stakes for alcohol burning in "wind stable" and "Esbit burning" mode. Normally when burning alcohol the can pot sits directly on the center pedestal of the stove (see picture below), unless the wind is blowing so hard that it pushes the windscreen around. Then you would use the stakes so the weight of the pot keeps everything in place. Also when burning Esbits one removes the alcohol stove and the can pot rests on the stakes.

Thanks again, you're way ahead of me on producing YouTube videos.alcohol mode

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Ah man, I knew I was doing something wrong. The flame was burning out a little too fast. I have been using it lately as a wood stove and it's worked great for that.

Viewing 21 posts - 26 through 46 (of 46 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools