Topic

Marmot Atom owners – Stuff sack question…please step in

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Marmot Atom owners – Stuff sack question…please step in

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Steve McQueen

@cpholley

Locale: Minnesota Transplant

Just a quick question. I recently picked up an Atom and I love it. Just curious what kind of stuff/compression sack you all use for it? I'd obviously like something lightweight (ya) and waterproof. Any ideas?

Thanks so much!

Casey

Mark
    BPL Member

@mlarson

Locale: SoCal

The basic REI 7×15 silnylon sack will hold my Hydrogen snugly, so it should be a good fit for your Atom. Only $9 and 0.7oz.

-Mark

Jason Brinkman
    BPL Member

@jbrinkmanboi

Locale: Idaho

The Sea To Summit Ultra-Sil Medium Dry Sack – 11 x 18 (6.5 inch diameter) works well for my Hydrogen. And the 1.1 ounces isn't too bad for the better waterproofing of siliconized Cordura. REI has 'em – just search for Sea to Summit.

Brett .

@brett1234

Locale: CA

Casey, I do not own a Marmot Atom, but I recommend SealLine Stormsacks for your bag. My SeaToSummit silnylon bag leaked terribly. Anyone who owns one should try this test; its an eye opener. Details here:
    http://www.backpackinglight.com/cgi-bin/backpackinglight/xdpy/forum_thread/7170/index.html?skip_to_post=51994#51994

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools