Topic

New Cottage Business

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire On the Web New Cottage Business

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Gardner
    BPL Member

@gearmaker

Locale: Northern California

After being inspired by several MYOG threads, I have decided to open a new cottage business making ultralight stoves, cook kits, polycryo tarps, and trekking poles: Gardner Outdoor Lightweight Designs, makers of G.O.L.D. Gear.

My website in progress is http://www.goldgearlite.com. It's a basic template web site and I'm still working on it. Don't have click to order yet, but at least it's up and running.

Feedback is welcomed and appreciated.

Erik Basil
    BPL Member

@ebasil

Locale: Atzlan

I think your site looks good, although the self-testimonials on the front page come across aggressively and spark doubt because of it — even though I bet you might be able to come up with gram data on the weight claims, etc… My only suggestion there is to re-word with more of the stoke I know you feel as a designer and maker of something that works really well.

"It lives! It LIVES!!! Muhuhuhahaha!!!"

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

The way the pot nests nicely in the stove is pretty neat. I looked for a video that would show this stove in operation, but could not find one. Can you make one and include it on the website? It would also help to prove your claims of burn times, weight, and efficiency.

Ron D
    BPL Member

@dillonr

Locale: Colorado

I agree with the previous comment, you really need to have pictures and video of the stove system in action. The burner configuration is unusual and many of us need a visual on it in action before considering a purchase. Some pictures and video on it in woodburning mode would also be very useful. As a minor note your ordering setup does not seem to be updated to your website product list. I will say that the stove system does look interesting, especially if it performs as well as advertised.

j lan

@justaddfuel

Locale: MN

Also, no total weights of systems? And using so many gram weights. It gets confusing, especially when you get to the order/prices/weights, but it still doesn't have system weights? I know we are weight weenies, but throw a bone to our brains.

Also If your stuff is so superior, no reason to talk smack about 6 other companies to sell it.

Here is a good formula. Name of product (total weight listed by it) – Picture – Description (individual weights) – Buy button. Video of the product in action is a plus plus.

Tim Anderson

@timbikeswitzerland-com

I too would like to see a video fo the system in action using the fuels mentioned. It would be good to illustrate in the video the boil times and weight of fuel burned. Thansk

Andrew Zajac

@azajac

Locale: South West

I just saw your cook kit reviewed by Chad Poindexter, but I still haven't been able to see a video of it in operation. Any progress on getting some operation videos out there?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools