Topic

Question: Inner Shell fabric for down quilt?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Question: Inner Shell fabric for down quilt?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Jordo _99
    BPL Member

@jordo_99

Locale: Nebraska

I don't like the plasticy feel of the 1.1oz ripstop (DWR) I planned to use for an inner shell. Now I'm looking at nobul1 (AKA 8D or EightD) and M90T.

My decision is stalled because I've heard that 8D had some issues with leaking down and the M90 will cost more…I could go either way at this point. I'm also considering Impetus 1.0 but I haven't heard as much about it. Pertex is possible too but I don't it as a contender.

Cost plays a minor role but the differences aren't very dramatic at 4 yards shipped: Nobul1 $36, Impetus $40 and M90T is $47.

So, Impetus, Nobul1 or M90T for an inner shell?

EDIT: decided to just go with Nobul1…will post results.

Vick Hines

@vickrhines

Locale: Central Texas

Downproofness is always relative to the grade of down you use. 900 cu. in. down contains fewer quills than lower volume grades. 800 has fewer than 700, and so on. Uberlight fabric that works fine for 900 will look like a mangey hedgehog if used to contain 700 cu. in. down.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools