Topic

Melanzana grid hoody

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Melanzana grid hoody

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Jennifer Mitol
    Spectator

@jenmitol

Locale: In my dreams....

How many days in a row can I wear this amazing piece of heaven before I ruin it?? I never, ever want to take it off……

Jim Jessop
    BPL Member

@stokeyjim

I agree and because of its design it doesn't look too technical to wear as regular casual-wear and get much more use out of it too.

Great kit!

Shame they've toned down the men's colours to lots of dull ones this year though.

My red/burgundy one is great and I'd have bought another for this winter in tangerine, if they still did it……

Brett Peugh
    BPL Member

@bpeugh

Locale: Midwest

If they made a jacket version, I would have bought one long ago.

Josh Greninger

@travis-bickle

I feel the same way about my new cap 4 hoody!

Steven McAllister
    BPL Member

@brooklynkayak

Locale: Arizona, US

They are quite durable. I have hundreds of days in mine and no stretching out of shape or seam issues.
    It is something I wear any time the temperature allows it.
    I wear it as my top layer in cool weather and as a mid layer in the cold.

I suspect the Cap4 has similar wear specs, made out of similar materials.

M B
    BPL Member

@livingontheroad

I wear mine almost daily to go to gym early in morning when its cold
    I suspect that the elbows will wear thru first given how thin the material is.
    I know it has less thickness than when it was new
    Its my favorite clothing article I have ever owned.

Jim W.
    BPL Member

@jimqpublic

Locale: So-Cal

I've wanted an R1 Hoody. I even found them 30% off. Still too much.

So I bought an REI hoody- stretchy, smooth exterior, thumloops, pullover. It was on closeout last year so no point in remembering the name. It's nice. So nice that I wear it every day downhill skiing.

But I wanted another. Then I found some at Sierra Trading Post. Terramar thumloop, full zip, grid fleece hoody. Women's model only. The Men's counterpart is pullover, no thumbloops, much less fitted hood. So bought W's for wife, daughter, and myself plus a M's for me. The M's wasn't it. Too baggy, no thumbloops, big hood that wouldn't work under a helmet very well. W's is perfect. I normally buy men's M, but am often pushing the limit of that size now that I'm in the high 180 pound range and 5'10" (I was in great shape 20 pounds ago. W's L is perfect size. Unlike many Women's jackets, this is long, with long sleeves. In fact the hem is lower than the men's M I ordered. Weighs 13.8 oz.

Best part? $25 using a 30% off/ $0.99 shipping email deal.

Sadly for you guys- L is now sold out- but if you're interested check back often as Sierra Trading Post seems to keep opening new crates of the same gear.

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/terramar-grid-fleece-hoodie-sweatshirt-zip-front-for-women~p~3648m/?filterString=s~terramar%2F&colorFamily=01

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools