Topic

New Hampshire Snowshoeing

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Trip Planning New Hampshire Snowshoeing

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Matt Dapkus

@mattdz

Hello folks,

I'm curious if anyone has ideas for great snowshoe hikes in the White Mountains of New Hampshire. I'll be travelling to this area shortly and would enjoy some ideas for snowshoe dayhikes in the area. Thanks!

Walter Carrington
    BPL Member

@snowleopard

Locale: Mass.

Views from the top just had a thread about winter hikes for beginners, mostly in the Whites:
    http://www.vftt.org/forums/showthread.php?47474-Beginning-winter-hiking-which-trails-to-start-out-on

The AMC lodge at Pinkham Notch, NH, is a starting point for a number of hikes. Don't go all the way up Mt. Washington unless you're well prepared, but you could ask the staff there. Hiking into Tuckerman ravine is interesting (follow avalanche warnings) and Boott Spur is interesting.

Matt Dapkus

@mattdz

Thank you Walter for the insight! I'll look into this and get a plan going. I'm going to visit my Dad so I'm trying to find some relatively easy stuff he can enjoy!

Jake D
    BPL Member

@jakedatc

Locale: Bristol,RI

I don't think Mt Tecumseh is on that list yet.. that is an easy 5mi total starting at Waterville valley. Then you could have a winter 4k.. even if just barely ;)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools