Topic

My neoprene socks didn’t work.

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) My neoprene socks didn’t work.

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • Author
    Robert Brown

@rob0brown

Locale: Waltham, MA

I've had good results not actually wearing the sock direct next to my foot, but by wrapping an extra large bootie with a slit in the bottom over my mesh footwear system. I cut a short slit in the bottom center of the sock that goes a little past the ball of my foot which allows the toe to wrap over and stay put as well as exposing the tread of my shoe to most of the abrasion as it should. This creates a barrier that still exchanges moist air out from my wool/RBH designs VBL/or recently purchased Wiggy's lamilite sock.

J Mag

@goprogator

I haven't had a problem going from knee high rivers to fairly high snow wearing just my vasque gtx's and some thick wool socks as long as I keep moving. But I am a very "hot hiker" as one would say (although it doesn't get below 10 F or so here in VA).

But they do weigh 2.5 lbs for a pair!

Viewing 2 posts - 26 through 27 (of 27 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools