Topic

GGG–what is it?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Steve Meier
    BPL Member

@smeier

Locale: Midwest

I read from time to time references to the midwest GGG or a GGG on the west coast in these forums. What is it?

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Gathering of Gear Geeks (the name stuck) are get togethers done in an outdoor setting. A way for local, and non local BPL members, guests. followers, what have you, meet and show off that cottage made gear that you never see, but hear about here. The Bay Area group is having the one at Henry Coe this month. Started to include activities. Manufacturers are coming now too. Good times.

Mark Ries
    Spectator

@mtmnmark

Locale: IOWAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Gathering of gear….gods er or ah it might be geeks I'm not quite sure. Edit: Ken beat me to it I'm sure he is right:)

USA Duane Hall
    BPL Member

@hikerduane

Locale: Extreme northern Sierra Nevada

Thank you Ken, I had wondered what it stood for also, since I've been frequenting BPL more the last 6 months or so. For me, sounds like too many folks in too small an area, although I did not know there would be some vendors there, at least showing their wares if not downright selling them. Take lots of pics please.
    Duane

a b

@ice-axe

I hear you Duane.
    Love people on a one to one, two, or three basis.
    Crowds really freak me out though.
    Been to two GGG's and each time i got that feeling i just slipped away for a hike.
    Then i felt like i was missing out. LOL!
    Henry Coe is pretty big for a state park and it is easy to engage or disengage the group at will.

I will say, the people i met at GGG are all, to a person, really cool friendly folks and that sure helped me with my "people" phobia.
    Also, you have never laughed as hard until you see Douglas Ide try and start a woodburning stove. :)

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Also, you have never laughed as hard until you see Douglas Ide try and start a woodburning stove. :)"

Branded for life. Thanks Matt…….

Eugene Smith
    BPL Member

@eugeneius

Locale: Nuevo Mexico

Wait a minute, so it doesn't stand for "Girls! Girls! Girls!"?

I will make it to a GGG one year.

James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Locale: Bay Area

This may or may not be the place to get the answers for this question but here it goes.
    How do I "sign up" to get in on one of these GGG hikes? Henry Coe is pretty close and seems like a great excuse to get back there. So who is in charge or what are the plans?
    Thanks,
    James

Justin Baker
    BPL Member

@justin_baker

Locale: Santa Rosa, CA
    James DeGraaf
    BPL Member

@jdegraaf

Locale: Bay Area

Thank you!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools