Topic

Cool Breezes on Mt. Diablo

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Campfire Member Trip Reports Cool Breezes on Mt. Diablo

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

We always try to begin and end the year by being outside. When we told the kids we were going to camp on Mt. Diablo they were pretty excited, which made us even more excited. It was just a car camping trip but any excuse to be outside is good enough.

Highlights:
    – The kids leading us on a hike along Juniper Trail
    – Cold, cold weather and snugging up inside the SL5 with warm quilts.
    – The man-sized racoon that busted open our ice chest like a pinata at 1:00 am.
    – Exploring Rock City until their little legs gave up

Last Day of 2012!

Cone!

Smile says it all

Foursome

Happy New Year!

Tom Clark
    BPL Member

@tomclark

Locale: East Coast

Nice!

Ken Thompson
    BPL Member

@here

Locale: Right there

Nice up there. What's up with the huge raccoons? Here too. Brazen thieves.

Jay Wilkerson
    BPL Member

@creachen

Locale: East Bay

Great Stuff Jacob, I have car camped up there at Juniper Camp with my son a few times over years. Are you still moving to Walnut Creek or have things changed? PM ME if need be..

Jacob D
    BPL Member

@jacobd

Locale: North Bay

Hey guys, I missed the replies last week while getting prepped for the Yosemite snow trip and scrambling around with other busy stuff.

Ken, I think once they reach a certain size the coyotes just leave them alone. I wouldn't mess with one of those things!

Jay, yes. We're working on it. WC is one of several options. Unfortunately there is very little available in our price range. We've looked at a quite a few homes, bid on a couple, and had zero luck so far. The market is really tough right now. I appreciate the offers of help from you, Jeremy, and Tony…. we'll get over there somewhere one of these days.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools