Topic

Daypack for carrying snowshoes

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Daypack for carrying snowshoes

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    JP
    BPL Member

@jpovs-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2-2

Locale: Arrowhead

Jeff Jeff
    BPL Member

@jeffjeff

You don't need anything custom. If it's a pack with a lid, just stash the snowshoes under the strap(s) that keep the lid on. If it doesn't have a lid, just strap two bungee cord horizontally across the pack. You can anchor each end of each cord to the side compressions straps, etc.

I have never run across a pack that couldn't store snowshoes one way or another.

Michael B

@mbenvenuto

Locale: Vermont

snowboard packs are designed to carry boards but the straps also cn hold shoes. so that is the best carry option. many ski packs can do both too.

Jeff J

@j-j-81

Locale: Oregon

Why not find a pack you like except for the hip belt, then just cut that off? Some might be removable anyway.

-Jeff

Joe Geib
    BPL Member

@joegeib

Locale: Delaware & Lehigh Valleys

There are many decent choices out there. I recently went through this exercise, but wanted to include the ability to comfortably carry a snowboard.

For this, I wound up going with the Osprey Kode 30. But, while evaluating all this, I believe there are some great options for snowshoe carry.

GoLite Peak (now the Jam 35) – it has straps, and a detachable hipbelt
    Dakine Alpine 14 (any DaKine for that matter)
    Osprey Stratos 24 (old style)
    REI Fall Line
    REI Side Country

LMK if you have any questions about these. Good luck.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools