Topic

King of Denial

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums General Forums Philosophy & Technique King of Denial

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    Travis Leanna
    BPL Member

@t-l

Locale: Wisconsin

Mommy!! Erik is being mean again!

BlackHatGuy
    Spectator

@sleeping

Locale: The Cascades

"Erik is being mean again!"

Again? When did it stop? ……

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

"There IS in fact, an ultimate kit. The one that makes you happy… "

Not when our happiness is continually being whipped around by new gear, fantastic sales and all that…

Anonymous
    Inactive

"Oh. Just don't talk to Douglas Ide. Nobody talks to him.

;)"

Except Doug. ;0)

Nelson Sherry

@nsherry61

Locale: Mid-Willamette Valley

There are two big reasons I rebelled against and condemned church throughout much of my life:
    1) Most horribly, it takes up a weekend day that can otherwise be spent hiking or climbing or skiing or bicycling.
    2) Any time there is a group of people all in the same room (or internet forum) that share similar values, they tend to get arrogant and righteous about their views, thinking that they are right and everyone else is wrong.

I have no use for either of the above two listed impediments to my spiritual growth.

THANK YOU BPL for being a caring and encouraging community that has managed to temper their righteousness and encourage weekend adventure . . .

Now, quit spending so much time focused on and chatting about gear, go truly ultra-light, get naked and go out and experience the wilderness like God intended. ;)

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools