Topic

lightest 3 cup Ti pot with Lid

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) lightest 3 cup Ti pot with Lid

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    mik matra
    BPL Member

@mikmik

Locale: Brisbane AUSTRALIA

Hi guys, I am the one who posted the 'hard to justify the Jetboil' thread. I started searching for Ti pots but there are so many I just basically want to get help to cut to the chase.

What is the lightest available Ti cup that will hold around about 3 cups (750ml) of water? If I can get a really light 1L cup with lid I might even consider that too.

This would help quite a bit thank BPL-ers.

Thank you.

Mik.

Jolly Green Giant
    BPL Member

@regultr

Locale: www.jolly-green-giant.blogspot.com

Not exactly what you're looking for as it is a 550ml cup with lid, perhaps it will give you something to think about:

http://litetrail.com/shop/litetrail-titanium-cookpot-with-lid-550-ml

Jon Fong
    BPL Member

@jonfong57

Locale: www.flatcatgear.com

Mik, I have and use the Evernew 700 ml mug (ECA521). It weighs 3.35 grams and comes with a pretty slick titanium snap on lid as well. It will hold 3 cups of water (barely), but if you boiled 3 cups it would probably boil over. I don't know if it is the lightest, but I like it. Good Luck – Jon

Colin Krusor
    BPL Member

@ckrusor

Locale: Northwest US

I think the Mountain Laurel Designs 850ml Ti pot has the most capacity per unit weight of any Ti pot in this size range. It is bigger (by 150ml) but slightly lighter (by 0.05 oz) than the Evernew pot Jon refers to. The pot has a handle and weighs 3.3 oz with the lid. It is a bit more cup-shaped than pot-shaped (3.8" wide by 5.1" tall). This might or might not suit your cooking system.

Tony Ronco
    BPL Member

@tr-browsing

Here are two 850 ml candidates. (Bigger than the 750 to reduce boil over)

Mountain Laurel Designs – 3.3 oz

http://www.mountainlaureldesigns.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=40&products_id=113

Ruta Locura – 3.3 oz (with Ti lid) or 3.1 oz (with CF lid)

http://www.rutalocura.com/Ti_Pots.html

Here is a bigger aluminum alternative with a 0.2 oz weight plenty, but only costs 8 bucks: Stanco Grease Pot (3.5 oz with lid if the big plastic knob is substituted with two zip ties)
    http://end2endtrailsupply.com/Stanco_Greasepot.html

mik matra
    BPL Member

@mikmik

Thank you for the responses including the cheaper option too :).

Mik.

Chad “Stick” Poindexter
    BPL Member

@stick

Locale: Southeast USA

I have the Backcountry.com 700 ml ti pot (which is just under the 3 cup capacity you listed). I removed the handles and ditched the lid on the pot and then supplemented it with an aluminum baking sheet lid. The total weight is 2.7 oz for the pot and lid.

Backcountry does not sell the "Backcountry" pots anymore, but they do sell them branded as "Stoic", however, I am curious if the titanium on the Stoic pots are a bit thicker than that of the older Backcountry pots… So, I can't say what that weight would be. However, these pots are on sale for less than $20 often…

Franco Darioli
    Spectator

@franco

Locale: Gauche, CU.

Mik
    If you are still in Australia consider this :
    pots
    On the left a Snow Peak 750ml pot, 130g
    On the right a generic aluminium 900ml pot ,120g
    (the knob is 10 g…)
    Available from Mitchells and other "disposal" stores for about $15

mik matra
    BPL Member

@mikmik

I have thought of replacing the lid before and found the prfect thing. Our cans of babyformula (Karicare Aptamil) has an aluminium top as an air seal just under the plastic topcover. That removed is very light and I am going to fashion that into a lid. I just measured it…..2.7g and it is about 10cm in diameter. It is much stiffer that the aluminium foil used for cooking. It would make a great UL primer plate for alcohol stoves too.

Franco, not leaving Oz anytime soon…..thanks for the Aussie version of things :)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools