Topic

Recommend specific can opener model for Foster’s pot?

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Make Your Own Gear Recommend specific can opener model for Foster’s pot?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Jeff McWilliams
    BPL Member

@jjmcwill

Locale: Midwest

I'm playing with Foster's pots a bit in my spare time. What better way to spend cold, dark winter nights? :-)

I borrowed a friend's Pampered Chef safety opener to experiment. Unfortunately, the metal wheel that runs along the outside of the can is so large is dents the can as it goes around, making it difficult to impossible to completely cut off the lid.

Can someone recommend a specific make/model opener that works well? I've seen some pictures where some plastic material had to be shaved off to accommodate the outside taper. I'm okay with that, I'm just not comfortable shopping online and guessing which one to order.

Thanks,

Jeff

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools