Topic

IKEA Sit Pad

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) IKEA Sit Pad

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

Last weekend I was in IKEA and saw a sit pad they had on sale for $1.99, normal price $2.99. I have yet to try it on the trail, but using it at home it seemed pretty solid and folds up fairly small. After removing tags it weighed 88.5 grams.

Is anyone else using one of these?

http://www.ikea.com/us/en/catalog/products/10243833/

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Interesting… and certainly a good price.

All those Nordic-sounding names they give to their products… I always wonder if those are real words — or just made-up marketspeak — like Häagen-Dazs??

Katy Anderson

@katyanderson

Good find on the sitpad.

Yup, those are real words. Usually in some way related to the product, sometimes in a double meaning or tongue in cheek sort of way. Upptäcka means discover, very straight forward name for a series of travel gear.

Pruta is the name of one of their Tupperware sets, and means to haggle or bargain, implying of course that you would be cheap to keep your dinner left overs.
    Jämka, meaning to reconcile, is the name of their other set of plastic food storage containers.
    Smaska, meaning somewhere between a munch and a slurp, is the name of their sippy cups and other kids eating utensils.

When it is not a real word it is a place name, like the Karlstad couch, or a proper name such as the Ivar shelf, not nearly as much fun in my opinion.

EndoftheTrail
    BPL Member

@ben2world-2

Good to know. Thanks, Katy.

James holden
    BPL Member

@bearbreeder-2

its amazing what you can find at department/outlet and other such stores …

it makes you wonder at the outdoor industry trying to get you to spend $$$$$$$

;)

Ryan Dorn

@fiestabuckeye

Ikea's travel section always has a few good buys. I use the sit pad, travel pillow and slippers (3.7 ounces) as my camp shoes.

Diane Pinkers
    BPL Member

@dipink

Locale: Western Washington

What are the dimensions of the pad? IKEA's web-site doesn't actually tell you.

Looks like it might be a useful item, and easy to wipe off, too.

Ethan A.
    BPL Member

@mountainwalker

Locale: SF Bay Area & New England

Looks just like the Montbell folding sit pad. Nice find, thanks for sharing. Not in our nearby Ikea store. Which stores do you find carry this item?

Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

I bought mine in Schaumburg, IL. I provided a link to it on IKEA's website and they do have a store inventory search for checking your local store.

I will get dimensions tonight when I get home.

Jim Colten
    BPL Member

@jcolten

Locale: MN

or just made-up marketspeak — like Häagen-Dazs??

WHAT? Häagen-Dazs doesn't translate into "love handles"? or "thunder thighs"?

Nick H
    BPL Member

@galway

It is about 40cm x 30cm and 1cm thick. Folded up it is about 10x30x4.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools