Topic

Question for Bushbuddy/SoloStove owners

Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Home Forums Gear Forums Gear (General) Question for Bushbuddy/SoloStove owners

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Locale: North Texas

Could you please measure the depth from the top of the main stove body (not with the pot stand) down to the fire grate?

I am a Scoutmaster and as a project to encourage my scouts to cook with fire, I'm building some DIY wood stoves out of soup cans inside 1 qt paint cans. My prototype didn't burn as well as I thought it should and I suspect the grate is too low in the can.

Thanks in advance.

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

Looks to be 2 and 3/16ths or 2.1875 to the top outer wall from the fire grate and about 2 inches to the grate from the inner lip/wall. I'll post a pic for clarity…I don't know the technical terms for stoves.

Edit:

Excuse my horrible tape measure, my good one is in my work truck.

DSCN0076_zpsb9b9af33

Mark Rash
    Spectator

@markrvp

Locale: North Texas

Thank you sooo much for posting that for me!

Kenneth Houseal
    BPL Member

@homewardbound

No problem! I was playing with my new jetboil and already had my stove stuff out, including the bush buddy. If you need any more pics or measurements lemme know, I just got a new camera as well :D I'm armed and ready to help. Haha

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Forum Posting

A Membership is required to post in the forums. Login or become a member to post in the member forums!

Get the Newsletter

Get our free Handbook and Receive our weekly newsletter to see what's new at Backpacking Light!

Gear Research & Discovery Tools